View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 02:36 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Got it last Spring, bought it used from some one in the states... Ben just got one too shortly before, I didn't want to steal his thunder blabbling about mine.

I don't run anything hard Nathan, I just use it regulary... the 850 gets abused a bit digging so much virgin ground, but everything else is working in loose soil.

So I got a gauge installed before I did anything... with a fesh 3s batt, the press varied between 10 - 12bar... pretty low. Took about 80% of the pump apart to figure out how it worked exactly.. eventually found the prv, as well as a couple of oop's somebody did when the tank & pump were mated together... some silicone used for a sealed union between the two, some silicone was partially block the intake port restricting flow.

There's 3 ports on this pump on the tank side, each outside port - 1 is inlet, the other is return and the one in the middle seems to come out from under the drive gear , using a bit of very light air pressure in that port, I can feel air coming the drive gear teeth... anyways, there was some silicone stuck in that bore, partially blocking it. I don't know or understand what that port is for in the system.

Pump/tank back together now & working muuuuch better, press running 15 - 16bar, that loader really lifts fast now, although the power seems a bit lacking still (pressing down with my hand while trying to lift hydraulically)... a change of lift cyls to a larger bore is probably what's needed... some recent yt vids I've seen, the cyls look different than mine, maybe they are bigger. This loader is about 5 or 6 yrs old.

Anyways... seems my hi spd internet has been restored early, perhaps I load a movie tonite.

Joe