View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 10:13 PM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 777 HAUL TRUCK (1/12 size)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
KP, what planetary ratio and motor did you go with for the 777? I'm just curious what you think the truck will gross out at, weight-wise, and about how much power it would take to move the load. How many volts are you running the motor at?
The motor /gear box is a Banebots 256:1 P60 gear box RS540 motor. 12volts

The weight of the truck will be about 85-90lbs.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBeagle View Post
I just read through a couple pages of this build to get myself caught back up, and the truck looks amazing. You are a true craftsman.

As far as your question regarding the appearance of the walkway, I think it looks fantastic, but what may be throwing it off to you is the open spaces in the walking surface. In the pictures it looks like the walking surface is expanded metal or diamond plate where you have solid metal with slots. Those slots in scale look a little big, probably a couple scale inches wide. If you attached some scale expanded metal or diamond plate on top I bet the scale appearance would change.

Again, I think it looks great and very scale, just trying to take a stab at what was bothering you when looking at it in person.
You maybe right about the slots...they are a bit big....scale would make them at about 1.5".....wish I had a picture of the walkway from above to see what it actually looks like...thanks for your input....glad you like the build!!