Thread: Ram Build
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 10:54 AM
Craftsman

jerry56 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ram Build

Ok, I went with aluminum so I could tap it and bolt things right to it. So I went with with this.

I can tap it but you have to be careful not to strip the threads cause it's just barely thick enough.
Here's what it looks like, this raises the axles just enough to get away from the rock crawler look. I'd like them tighter but I can't find a wheel/tire combo I like.

Still higher than I wanted but if I go lower the front tires will rub pretty bad and I don't want to hack the wheel wells anymore than I have to.

Judging from trucks I see on the road this is a streetable lift.... not my cup of tea but streeable.

Here's a shot with the front half of the body sitting on it.

I have a set of these coming https://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-Goodye...es_p_5837.html they are 54mm vs 60mm for the ones in the picture. I'm hoping they give me a little more room in the wheel wells without looking to small...
The rims are WPL at about 1.2 but I have a set of 1in beadlocks I want to try... Next I want to get a motor mounted, I'll probably go with a 180 can motor so I don't have hack up the interior....but I have a back-up if it doean't have the power I need.