View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 09:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M construction open for bizz nizz!

Screening plant project update!!!!!

For the last couple weeks I been thinking about a screening plant. Trying to think of what to use for a screen that I have around the house or can be found locally. No online orders for this build!

Well I had another eureka moment at work today.

Waiting for the next scoop to show up for rebuild so I was helping a co worker finish a service on a loader. As I pulled the air filter out to change it.....it hit me! The outer cage of the filter is metal mesh!

After a trip to the garbage bin to find another filter and a damaged pre cleaner screen I now have 3 different grades of screen for my plant
So 3 screens to build , one structure........

Here's my drawing I'm working with .....

The deck will shake using this motor from the air seat compressor which came from the pothauler rebuild. Another item from the scrap bin.

Comes with plastic mounting bracket and I can secure the existing piston onto crank and use as the deck striker.

Only real cash I need to spend is on structural materials. I can get mild steel angle iron, flat bar etc for dirt cheap or a quick trip to homedepot and I can go aluminum 1/2 " angle 1/8 thick , flat bar etc, for less than a case of beer.
No online order and waiting crap and shipping fees..
I like this backyard building stuff !