View Single Post
Old 08-21-2022, 05:12 PM
Journeyman

jerry56 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Toprace211/Huina 1550 upgrade

Well I didn't get a lot of pictures before I painted it... I went with white and green....Only because I thought it looked good, Years ago in the D.C. area there was a company called "Acacia Crane" it was a small company they had 2 or 3 50 ton Groves Hydra-cranes (as they were known back then) and there colors were white and green. The company was so small that at one point when work got slow we had to "hide" one at the house so it wouldn't get repossessed... We lived off the beaten path and I got my first lessons on the finer points of crane operation...LOL....any way...
here are some shots of the boom and servos mounted...

I opened the servos and pulled the wires around and ran them out the other side so they wouldn't show....
I also only ran the white signal wire back to the receiver, the pos and neg I ran back to a power block so the servos aren't fed thru the receiver and they get a full 7.2v

This is just a simple "brace" I 3d printed, it keeps the servo centered and helps support the m3 screw that runs thru it for the screw drive end. It doesn't really take any force it just spreads it out along the bolt.

the cage is a remix of one "Dave R." did on thingiverse I cut it apart and added the light box at the top....and it gave me a place to mount a beacon...

I'll get some pictures of it together and some of my wiring mess this week.......