View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 02:19 AM
Journeyman

Bigrigger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: KW Daycab "Pipe Dream"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyO View Post
That's cool.You fab them up I'll finish them off.I'm a painter/bodyman.I can make anything look good.lol.
I'll have to send these off to you, then! As you can probably tell, I'm no painter/body-man. As a pro, you might want to look away when I try to paint this thing! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Your brass work looks really nice! So no dump trailer, huh? Just a dump truck? Maybe a transfer dump, with a pup trailer at least? Ha ha. Any kind of trailer...?
Thanks! I'm happy with the result, and only burned a few fingers!

Man, you and that dump trailer... Just kidding. I'm planning on making the dump-kit easily removable, so that I can swap back to a tractor.

I was debating one or the other, and if this dump box turns out nicely, then I may attempt a similar dump trailer. Transfer dump would be cool too, but I'd need to build two of these brass thingies!

How about: I'll look into making a dump trailer, as well. You can hold me to that!

No real progress, although I picked up some brass tube for the hinge. I'm not entirely sure about my plan for that.
I did put the mudflaps on, and they actually add a lot to a chassis this empty.
If my brass order doesn't arrive tomorrow, it'll be pipe-cutting and body work, if it does, then I will hold off on the filler.

I also have a few concerns I'd like to share with you guys:
Power options for the screw-drive?
Lifting arm positioning? (Whether the arm will be pushed towards the rear to lift the box, or pulled towards the front to lift the box.)

I'm thinking about mounting the motor between the frame rails, but attaching it to the brass frame, so that it can be easily removed.

Thanks for looking! Let me know your thoughts on those things.