View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 08:45 AM

izzzul is on a distinguished road
Default Re: KOMATSU Excavator from Malaysia

Hi Joe,
I admire your dedication and work ethic here. Thx for giving a great advice regarding my own build KOMATSU Excavator.. If you notice, i'm making quite a big one, boom arm stretches a little over 1 meter...and it gonna be heavy.

The track shoe looks akward (see pic below) as the chain links are pretty big in size, cannot find smaller ones..unlike yours below:

Why i dont buy ready made excavator?
1) Dont have money that much..
2) Dont like their support..
3) I want to learn from scratch...build one on my own..like it..
4) I wanna make it bigger in size and more powerful hopefully can beat Germans.. sigh...!

As for hyd powerplant, tested WEDICO parts from GoldenTrucking but not satisfied (not realiable, leaking and inssuficent power..see pic:

I'm using industrial parts now, hyd pump and control valve below:

New control valve (industrial type too):

Today we tested this newly receive control valve and at just below 10bar, we can lift the entire boom arm and can hold steady...it was tight and no leak....all safety precautions has been taken care off, so it's safe i think.. will grab video later this week and share with you and the rest...what do you think...10bar or 20bar is sufficient for my size excavator..?

The new gears for the track will show up later this week, will test that one too..i like the German's one, like the one on your 850D model..will see if it work or i have to make similar mod...

Hope you have time to read my story, thx..

Last edited by izzzul; 01-11-2012 at 05:42 AM.