RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:52 PM

66valiant408 is on a distinguished road
Default my first build

i am starting out with a scania r 470. i bought the truck about 80 percent done and am tearing it back apart to try my hand at building a 4x4 heavy service truck. i hope the pictures upload because i have jus gotten this computer and am still figuring it out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new.jpg (94.7 KB, 20 views)
Old 12-12-2011, 10:04 PM

Default Re: my first build

i am new to this posting pictures bit and am sorry if i am doing this difficultly. i stripped the body down and took the fancy body kit parts off. the fifth wheel is gone and the side skirts are also gone. i started to fill in all the holes left behind from the screws that held the kit on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stripped 1.jpg (95.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg stripped 2.jpg (96.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg cab bdywrk.jpg (94.9 KB, 14 views)
Old 12-12-2011, 10:15 PM

i have started to construct the utility body. i am not sure if it looks to scale so any input would help. i am building a brass frame for the body to mount on and so that the body can support some weight because i am looking to eventually mount a working utility crane on the right side box. i am hoping to hide the batteries inside the body sides. i do not get much time to work on the truck due to money and other ongoing "real" projects. i am hoping to keep everyone posted on the build as much as i can. also sorry for the bad pictures as i have to take them off of my cell phone because the only other camera i have is a go pro that is mounted in my race car permanently
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bed 1.jpg (96.0 KB, 18 views)
Old 12-13-2011, 09:48 AM

dsm4g63punk is on a distinguished road

looks great so far! keep up the good work
Old 12-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

Hey Valiant. I've been to Reading many times, decent pub scene.
Well done taking on your first truck and getting straight into custom work. Best of luck with it. Just wondering though, if you are after a heavy service truck, would you not want at least a 6x4, ie, an R620 or a MAN TGX?
Old 12-13-2011, 06:34 PM

Believe me its not the truck i wanted by any means. The price was right with a radio system so i couldnt pass it up. I am trying to build it to somewhat resemble what some of the bigger construction companys around my area have. I know they dont have any scania's lol but they use single rear freightliners. I cant really explain what im doing but i have a nice idea in my head of what i am trying to do lol. As far as the custom work, it isnt bad ive always been good at making things with my hands. My race car is all hand built stuff for the most part, the wheel tubs, 4 link,etc.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Look's good to me, and the body you're scratch building look's scale.
Good luck with the new project, and keep us posted.

Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 10:36 PM

ok i got some work done on the bed frame tonight. would have gotten more done but realized i do not have most of my tools at my house as they are still at my parents house. i am using brass and in the photos it looks like i am only making a flat bed but hopefully thursday i will be able to finish the bed frame box off. i am planning on making a box frame for the bed boxs and using pins to hold the box panels on, jus like used in drag race slot cars and winged cars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bed2.jpg (9.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg bed3.jpg (9.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg bed4.jpg (11.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg bed5.jpg (8.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg bed6.jpg (10.0 KB, 23 views)
Old 12-13-2011, 10:40 PM

also tryed out the new tires i bought from smallhaul. rockcrushers. now all i have to fiqure out is how to modify the rear wheels so that i can run just single rear tires instead of duallys. i am looking at another set of wheels but will wait until i am ready to convert to 4x4 and fiqure out how to modify those wheels on the front to use 4x4.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bed7.jpg (8.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 12-15-2011, 10:33 PM

i have gotten a little more tiny things done tonight. i ran out of brass stock and am waiting for the rest to come in the mail. i had enough to build the uprights for the box frame/support. i also made a stack....weather or not its in the location of the actual trucks exhaust or if it even looks right. i started to make a headache rack but i dont think it looks right so i may end up starting over from scratch. i would post pics but i used my go pro camera and it is not letting me upload the photos
Old 12-16-2011, 01:55 PM
Apprentice

Can I suggest using photobucket? It is easy to upload the pics to there and then you just copy and paste the links in here. Would make your pictures easier to view. The pics so far are tiny and are all sideways. I think by the lack of replies, people just can't really track your progress visually and therefore are just not commenting so much. Just a friendly tip.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:00 PM

Thanks swagger. I know the pics are horrible. I finally got my go pro outof my race car so i can post some good pics. Im gonna have to try photobucket tonight. Thank you again
Old 12-17-2011, 01:06 AM

http://s1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee364/66valiant408/ i hope this link works if not then i give up and im sry but i will not be able to share my build
Old 12-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Apprentice

That's a little better, you're getting there. When you are replying to the thread, there is a little button just above that looks like a postcard with mountains on it, yellow in color. If you hover the cursor over it, it will say "insert image." Hit that, then go to your photobucket page and again, hover over the image you want to post. You will get a few options, click on the IMG code and it will auto copy. Lastly, pop back to RC Truck and paste that code into the window that comes up when you click insert image.

Keep doing that for each image, you will only see the line of code until you submit the post, but once you do that, all your pics will be right there and in full size. Give it a try.

BTW, nice progress on the truck, I like where it's going, the tyres etc are giving it a heavy, off road look. Keep it up!