RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road
Default Wedico Hyd. Kit

Has anyone here used this kit before? I know it's not the best kit out there and does not look to be too powerful, but I'm not in need for a dump bed. Just to move some small parts on the truck also if I bought more valves do you think the pump could operate more than 1 hyd at a time?? The parts are not heavy and wouldnt hve any force pushing back other than their own weight so id think it could handle it but I'm new to the hydraulics so just trying to figute it out before I purchase them Thanks for any input you can give.

Here's a link to the kit.

http://gardentrucking.com/products.t...=10&startAt=11

http://gardentrucking.com/products/Originals/294.jpg

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by scalelover; 01-01-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Wedico Hyd. Kit

Dan, I'm sure if you wanted, you could plumb the pump to a hydraulic manifold block with valves, but the thing is I don't know that this pump is really designed to be run continuously. I don't know anyone who has run one like that either. You'd have to figure that out first. The other thing is I don't remember the one I had having a relief valve on it. You might want one, if your intention is to run it a lot. Also, rotation would be important. It's run in reverse to let the hoist cylinder down, thus it doesn't need a valve in a dump truck application, but if you want to run multiple cylinders, they will deadhead the oil, and that's probably not a good thing for the pump. Under dump truck applications, when it deadheads the hoist, the operator shuts it off right away.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Green Horn

Location: Up a hill above the dirty Ohio river on the Indiana side.
rcguyfarms is on a distinguished road

you would be better off buying the leimbach pump if want to do more then one cylinder. This pump bleeds off hydro fluid when cylinder is maxed out with weight pushing back. I have used a pair of them to skip the use of single valve to run some steering cylinders. It worked very well, but I end up finding a more compact solution. I have this system in my heavy dump trailer and soon plan to use other one in a rebuilt wedico dump truck.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Journeyman

It wouldn't be a continuous run, just on to extend it and again to retract. Unless it needs to stay on to hold pressure, then it would be continuous. Knowing that bleed off will happen is not a huge deal there will hardly be any weight at all pushing back or being pulled on.
Running multiples would be at different times as well not simultaneous to each other so I would think it could do that just requiring a different valve??

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Green Horn

Scalelover what are going to operate with hydros?
Old 01-02-2012, 12:36 AM
Journeyman

It's for a cargo system I'm drawing up for my project "kilitary". I Was looking at an interchangeable system similar to what's on some of the oshkosh and man trucks and newer navistar trucks.
Some of the designs would be better off with a screw drive for a roll off style design instead of hydro, but that said I figured if I used a standard hydro not the telescoping one it would work for a few designs And I could use the telescopic style for the lift bed.

--Dan

Last edited by scalelover; 01-02-2012 at 12:39 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Green Horn

ok sounds like ur going only with one hydro function. U can skip the valve block and use two wedico pumps to run the one hydro function. I have not yet used a wedico pump in place of leimbach,so I don't know if it will work.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Journeyman

So just pick up 2 if those kits instead of valve block??
Can I ask what the valve block would be used for if not needed for this application?? Does it allow multiple operations at once say two hydros operating in separate areas or angles?? Thanks again like I said I'm new to the hydro area.

--Dan

Old 01-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Green Horn

valve block changes the direction of fluid pressure in order to move a cylinder. dual wedico pumps work similar, meaning pump A pushes fluid into one side of the cylinder out while pump B pulls to fliud out of opposite side causing rod extension . When u reverse the direction of both pump motors, pump A now pulls fluid out and pump B pushes fluid in causing the rod to retract. Dual wedico pumps only works on one hydro cylinder function for example steering an articulated tractor. So if u want to operate steering plus some outlets for cylinder on a implement u need a valve block.

I am guessing this rig u are building would need a cylinder to push out the roll off and second cylinder to lift the roll off frame. If this is true, don't waste ur money on the dual wedico pumps idea, buy a lembach pump valve block.