RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:37 AM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road
Default Photo Sharing Sites (Photobucket?)

Is Photobucket still the more popular site for storing and posting photos to the forum? I know people have run out of space and run into fees or whatever.

With my crane conversion just starting it would be a good time to switch horses so to speak. I see some using Flicker and I know there must be other sites as well.

If it makes any difference, I'm using an iPad to take the pictures and also for posting them. Currently, I have to take the pictures, then upload them to photobucket, then wait for them to be added to my album on PB, then copy the links one at a time from PB, and paste the photo links into my build thread. Anything with fewer steps would be nice.

Jim
Old 08-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Photo Sharing Sites (Photobucket?)

Jim-I like P.B. personally. I have posted over 150 pictures and 5-8 videos and have only used up roughly 2% of my space. You can create your own albums and add the pictures as you go. Just look thru everything and figure it out. It is pretty simple once you get acquainted with it. Pasting the pictures in one at a time is what I did. There may be a faster way for a computer savvy person but not me. Looking forward to your build.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

I agree, I forget what ones I had used in past but have been using photobucket for a while now. I mainly use an iPad, more mobile and easy than the PC or laptop. Yes it's a little pain in butt to copy- paste-switching between bucket and forum. But it's the simplest and easiest I have used.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:31 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I have over 2500 pics, but no vids in photobucket with no issues. I had a 2yr subscription in '12 - '14 when my basement thread had a bit of fame b/c my monthly bandwidth exceeded the limits of free use & all the pics would disappear till the end of the month reset. Sub ran out this past February & pb has been working fine, but now the adverts appear like crazy on the site, which would disappear for me if I sub'd again.

I've been taking very high resolution pics for about 2yrs now & when uploading to pb, I have the preset size set to 1040x720 so the pics appear normal on the forums. The initial high resolution pics by my old Cannon camera are crystal clear even after pb's compression after uploading.... pics would be fuzzy if I lowered my camera res.

I like photobucket, it's easy to use... but then I started with them & never tried anything else to date.

Joe