RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Who owns the road?

Ok I'm a very easy going guy but this just bothers the crap out of me!! I use to run, bike around the local roads (back in the competition days) now going for the Harley instead of practice on the motocross bikes. When ever I was on the road I would just assume I was in the way and always was conscious of keeping out of traffic. When jogging I would always move off the road when opposing cars coming towards me. Ya know give em room, not disrupting traffic. I always figured its gonna hurt me a lot more than the five tone auto smashing into me.

The other day I was bringing a case backhoe back to our shop. Had to drive through this little town, turned the corner onto a road and had a vehicle behind me. The car was clearly about to pass me on the left, going around as I was slow. No problem there. Problem was that a jogger was running down the road facing me on the side of road in my lane. I was not able to cross yellow line as a car was passing me on left. Now my speed was about five mph. Just came around a corner and traveling pretty slow. I had to almost stop as this guy who clearly saw the machine. From about 100yards away. Side of road was nice grassy yards with very even ground transitioning from pavement to stone shoulder to grassy yard. No trees no fences, no barking dogs or land mines. . I basically came to a stop. Now I did not steer away as I did not want to turn into the car passing me so that's why I slowed way down. Again I was not going fast nor was the car overtaking me. Hopefully that has a clear image for you to understand. Now the guy jogging, not blind, not wearing headphones or a blindfold proceeded to yell and scream and cuss at me , what are you going to run me over?? I had the cab windows open and could hear everything clearly. Again at this point I'm almost stoped and he is still running (at this time he did move out of the way) by me. This guy was screaming a yelling just going nuts!! And then as he went by, running backwards yelling , cussing, giving the finger going nuts!!

Now my question is , is it just me or would all of you be more willing to give room to the vehicles on the road or consider it your private jogging path?? Now I'm about 6'4" 220# and I do believe in violence when it is due. I would have really loved to stop and kindly explain to this idiot that I was not trying to run him over but prevent an accident with the kind persuasion of my knuckles to the closest area of his thought processor.

It happens a lot, do people just not care about getting hit? Do they not know it's going to hurt them? A lot more than the car? Wtf??? Or is it just me?