RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members A place to introduce yourself to the membership.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2015, 02:57 AM

MechaMoo is on a distinguished road
Default Noob Here

Hello, I just ran across this site a couple of days ago and joined after seeing some really cool stuff. I'm a mechanical designer of 20+ years currently working at a company that designs and manufactures mainly rock crushing equipment. We also build truck beds, belly-dump trailers, tipper trailers, hoppers, conveyors, etc. I would like to build models of some of the products.

As far as modeling: I've been making models off and on since I was a kid. I've done mostly things like movie monsters, ships, planes, and a few cars. My experience in building trucks is non-existent and I've never even owned an RC anything before. So, I'm hoping to get some good advice here.

I hate to start out by being "needy" but what I'm having a heck of a time finding tires and wheels for my models. So far everything I've found are either fancy-schmancy chrome slicks for custom cars or big knobby-jobbies for 4WD's. I need (normal) wheels and tires to match the products I'm making models of.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.