RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2016, 10:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Well at least your first project wasn't a welded aluminum boat like mine was.lol I like the steep learning curve too! No point in being a p@ssy and taking the easy route. Dive in and get some!

It's looking better all of the time!
Well a boat is half underwater. But on the other hand I can cover the bed welds with dirt !!!lol!!! I still get a little shakey especially when all contorted trying to get into the tight corners, and then stick the electrode with the rod!! Been doing that quite a bit. Standing for some isn't any better!! But I can go back over some of the welds and flatten them out. Makes sense of what you said about being able to fill in some holes or low spots. Also level out some high spots. About the only thing I can't fix is the warped spots on the sides. And being aluminum some dents (too much heat at one spot) will add to the used work truck look!! My biggest mistake has been trying to weld too much. No need to be running continuous beads. That has been a big mistake I was doing. Along with not letting things cool. Nice thing about the smaller torch, when it gets hot I stop and let parts/torch cool. Still reminds me of doing drywall, only put on as much mud as you need, less to sand later. And put every coat on like its the final one. Oh I hate doing drywall. still need to make lift cylinders, front hubs, detail rims, lights, steps, handrail , removable grill, clean up all the square parts, going to print the tanks and boxes for on the deck, even with all the little details she is on the down side now. Definately not fitting the box in my blast cabinet. Have a big bucket of soda blast material, maybe waste that outside. Thanks again for those lights mark, they will be perfect.