RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2019, 01:03 PM

Arctic Cat ZRT is on a distinguished road
Default Cat's 1/14 4200XL Build

Hello All!

Ever since I got into RC's a few years ago I've been wanting to get into RC Construction. Recently I sold a bunch of RC projects to help to fund a Eagle Machinery 4200XL purchased from RC4WD. I went with this model due to the affordability of it as well as seeing quite a few people own them. While it is a bit basic from what I have seen it gets the job done, lots of room to improve and make it my own. It is also a known quantity in terms of issues, how to fix. I also count on my RC experience to help me along the way. Also have experience with mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems experience from work.

First step is to work on a bit of modeling, which has been taking on a majority of my focus. Biggest thing is that I have cut down the cab to more of a 1/14 height. Also I have started to add proper lights and beacon. Next is to run through the model to make sure it is all tight, right, and lubed before I even hook up a battery. Also decided to stick with the recommended ISO 32 hydraulic fluid to start.