RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2020, 06:57 PM

crueby is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat 340D Excavator build

Got a chance to wire up the motor and reassemble them boom, to give it a first motion test. This test was done with a 98 rpm gearmotor, I have faster and slower ones to let me dial in the max movement speed. After testing, I dont think I'd want it any slower (its on a speed control on the radio so it will do slower speeds depending on the joystick movement).

https://youtu.be/_X8LaI4TmHg

The intermittant clunking noise when the stick is coming in is the flex cable just rubbing on the edge of the slot in the boom - need to grind back the slot end just a little more. Also, I checked the force it gives, and that seems reasonable (didnt have enough hands to do that on camera, did not have the tripod handy). Overall, happy with it for a first run! Work will continue on the bucket linkages and that cylinder, also need to rig up some limit switches on the movement to keep from over-running the ends of the leadscrew. A little insulation in the boom should knock down the motor noise some too.