RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2011, 12:39 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Very interseting day today

Hi all.

Well little run down on what has been going on. Some of you know that I have been barely getting by lately and not had the cash to do anything with the truck.

Well I finally got sick of being broke and got sick of being non-existent to my whole family.. So I decided to just get the he!! out of both situations and go back to driving.. I found a great job basically local oil field work that is 60-70 hrs a week pays $25 hour with over time after 40 and benies..

It's 4 hrs from here so I can still come back on my days off to see my kids (I think they liked it better when i was home for 3 days a month anyway).

Now the problem was that they needed me to start most likely next week. This caused a big problem because I would not quit the school without a 2 week notice. So what to do.

Well things work in weird ways sometimes. Today after talking with the lady at the new company and having her tell me when they would need me to start if they hire me, I decide to go in and talk to the boss.

I sat down and was going to discuss maybe having him lay me off that way I could leave when I needed to and still be in good with the company and get my vacation pay, be able to come back if I wanted ect. Since we had NO new students start last week and 1 start the week before and 2 start this week I figured the case could be made for the lay-off with corporate.. Well to this I got a hardy chuckle out of the boss he said funny I should mention this at this time because he just got called today by corporate and they told him that he either had to lay off one instructor or cut us all back to 30 hrs a week... Now I was not in jeopardy of being laid off because of my seniority but if I wanted to volunteer than that would look even better for me to corporate (not that I care).

So here is where I sit now.. as of Friday I am laid-off. My chances of getting this one job are very good, but at the same time there are several of these jobs available to the point where these companies are coming into the school and willing to hire students to drive water tankers in the oil fields (NOT TO SMART).. So a good paying job is 98% sure.. worst comes to worst I go on unemployment for a few weeks maybe a month and go back to the school.

I thought when I retired back in April of '10 that I did not and would not get back in a truck, but after the BS I have been through with the wife and the rest of my family along with money over the last year and a half... I am to the point where someone had better not stand between me and a truck..

The good thing is that unlike over the road I work 12-14 hrs a day, I work for 5-7 days then have 3-4 off. So once I get out there and get a place I will have some time to work on the truck and now I'll have the money to work on it as well...

~Mike~