RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2012, 05:32 AM

Jeremy is on a distinguished road
Default OREOLOGY

Hi guys,

I’ve had two different teams design a logo for the new business and am looking for some feedback.

A little background on the name (for those who are trying to get some sleep ☺)
The name is Oreology – For those who may be thinking ‘What the heck is Oreology’ it’s sort of a made up word. An ore is a rock or medium which has minerals and such embedded inside.

To earn the name of ‘ore, one has to get around town and know (in the biblical sense) many men ☺ just kidding, though seriously, I want my counter where the staff serve people to be called the ORE HOUSE ☺.
Where was I, oh yes, to be an ore, the rock should yield its minerals with minimal effort during processing – or something like that.

And –ology is the study of something. So 'Oreology' means the study of rocks and the insides.

The scientific community already has words for this, Geology is the most general and blanket term, though more specific to my intended meaning would be gemology, mineralogy or Petrology. There is a similar word Orology, which translates to the study of mountains or an orogeny.

The sub heading is ‘Little Big Mining’

What is the business?

To quote myself from my intro post;
“I'm sure one or all of you have had this idea before. What I want to set up is a scale open-pit mine where people can come from afar to try their luck in the mines. There'll be rewards scattered through the dirt (or other medium) where users will dig, load, transport and sift to get there hands on it (all controlled via r/c).”

Ok here are the concepts.

I wish I knew how to work that poll option ☹ Let me know what you guys think.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg rcforum4.jpg (34.1 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg rcforum5.jpg (32.0 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg rcforum1.jpg (19.0 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg rcforum2.jpg (27.0 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg rcforum3.jpg (32.9 KB, 150 views)