RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2012, 06:13 AM

adey2004 is on a distinguished road
Default Hydraulic Question

Hi there, newbie here,

Designing and building my first ever mode. a Cat 316 long reach and Cat 954d, i will be building the models in 1:10 aminly from laser cut 3mm alluminum glued together, i will post images of the design and fabriaction works as it progreses, howver i have a few questions,

1. What is the best Pump / tank configuaration looking for around 17 - 20bar

2. I am trying to calculate the pushing force of the stick based on a 12mm cylinder at 17 bar and this equates to 13.7kg at the cylinder, the cylinder is connected to the stick 40mm from the pivot point and the arm is 300mm in total length, can some one confirm the foce at the end of the stick.

3. i am trying to design the excavators with at least 10kg of lifting force in all areas, boom, stick bucket etc, is this comparable to the ready made excavators out there, (with 2 12mm Cylinders i can lift a total of 12kg on the Boom)

4. Could some one please provide detailed picture of there valve spool assembly as i cant seam to work out how to interface the servos and the spool valve, (i will post a copy of my design later)

5. what is the best radio to use, i will need 10 no. proportional channels and various switched channels, alternatively i have been looking to control via WIFI Bridge with camera etc using a play station contoller, does anyone have any experiance / info on this,

6. and finally, is there anyone from england on this site who can meet up and share some ideas?

lots of questions i know but if youcan help would be gratefull

Cheers

Adey