RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M Trucking open for bizz nizz !!!

Got a small update on Susan's Black Passion build ( Personally, i like to call it "Black Ice" because the way the body shines and looks wet. )

Sorry Dwayne, no truck pics. Im building this one from the ground up, chassis first, then the body.... To be honest, I'm almost scared to start the drilling, wiring, mounting and all the handling of the cab I will deal with that later.

the latest is a new rear deck plate made from 0.032" aluminum. I didnt want any mounting screws visible so the plate is secured by the rear of the sleeper mount at one end, and the 5th wheel mounting plate at the other.

Next was work on installing the 5th wheel servo. I learned from my truck that a standard size servo barely fits what a pain it was, so. I purchased a mini servo this time. I was about to start cutting a slot in the deck plate for the servo arm when i thought what else could i do?
I suddenly remembered seeing a build thread when i first joined the forum where someone modified the lever to go under the deck ( I think it was Dreamweaver? not sure ).
this truck has custom aluminum crossmembers and the design is what gave me the idea to come up with this.........

Next is build a mounting plate for the MFU switch box. It too will be concealed and not in the battery box step.

I will post a video of the micro servo in operation once i get the chassis wired.
thanks for looking....

Mario