RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Talking New Work Shop For Me!!!

Well I've been wanting and needing more room for quite a while and just haven't taken the time to get serious about making that happen until last week when I got fed up with trying to work on two projects at once and decided there just wasn't enough room to build.

That being said I decided to start measuring out a section in the back of our storage room and found out it would more than double my current space and give me plenty of room to have all the tools I need and use regularly in one general location. So on to the design stages I went and got most everything figured out what I was planning to build and made a trip to the local Menards to pick up what I needed.

Anyways I spent all day yesterday with the girlfriend building my new workbenches and setting up the room and finished caping them off today and put a few tools in the room to see how it looked. I am very pleased with all the new found space I'm so anxious to get back to working in the new area. Although I have a little more to do before I can fully move in such as run the electrical still, put up the shelves and move my pegboard setup over from the other room. I also need to put a few shelves under parts of the work bench but it started getting late enough tonight I decided to call it a day.

Well here are some pics of my most recent rainy Saturday-Sunday weekend warrior project. All that hard work sure pays off in the end to have more space for all the projects going on.

Here are a few pics of what I had been working in for the past several years.

I had also just build this small work bench to put my saws and drill press on two weeks ago out of some leftover lumber from another project. This helped but didn't quite cut it.

And now here is what my new work room started out as all cleaned up and some extra storage stuff removed from the back of the room.

It then quickly progressed yesterday into this wonderful new work area.

Now adding some tools it's starting to fill up quickly.

Everything fits quite nicely with plenty of work room around each one. It also makes my lathe look extremely small all by itself on the side work bench but it will be nice to have more working room.

Well those are the pics I have for now of the room as it sits for the night. I have to go pick up some more shelving material for the walls so I can get it all up and then I'll move my pegboard over and start laying the rest of the electrical so I can start moving into my new work space.

I will have some more updates tomorrow evening but for now it's time to sit back and relax and pop a cold one and enjoy the outcome of my long weekend.

Tyler