RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2013, 07:49 PM

Berman is on a distinguished road
Default Bunch of Noob questions...

Hey guys, I am hoping you lot would be so kind as to answer a few of my noob Q's that I haven't found the answers for while searching. I only have a couple now, but no doubt I will add more as my brain thinks of them lol

Gear reduction units:
I realise a few people run them, what are the main benefits? I have a 55t rc4wd motor in my MAN and a 55t integy in the Knight (due to being replaced with a spare 55t rc4wd). The biggest letdown with the higher turn motors I believe is the 'deadband' so to speak, I find running these motors off the MFU I get a bit of rev before the motor starts moving the truck, I don't remember this happening with the silvercans, and is the only reason I can imagine the GRU's are better than slower motors. I find the lower turn motors also make it harder to drive the trucks more realisiticly?

Driver figures:
It is nigh on impossible to find an 'average joe' looking driver figure, every one of them is a mutant or military type. Where would I start looking for a plain or esily modifiable figure that could look like a truck driver and the size? I bought a Schleich figure the other day, he is a horse rider, but only 4 inches tall, he looks far too small for the MAN haha.

Globe liner, Pete or Ken:
Is it easier to turn a Globe into a 352 or k100? I am not biased at all personally when it comes to truck brands, I love em all the same. But we have 100 times more Ken's than Pete's over here. It would make sense to build a Ken as more truckies here can relate, but I see more Pete's made out of Globe. Also where is the best place to look for parts for either truck?

There will be more questions a coming
Cheers in advance
Neil

Oh no its a hobbit driver!

Last edited by Berman; 07-24-2013 at 07:52 PM.