RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2013, 11:46 PM
Apprentice

MoRockN is on a distinguished road
Default Liebherr 944b Demolition!

Hello Fellas,
A very long while ago I sold my 922 liebherr and was set on getting a Damitz RH excavator because the hydraulic drive was just so cool and unique, until I found out how slow they are and how very little power they have compared to others, so on youtube I go and there we have it, a video of a 944b moving some soil, that was a done deal, I wanted one right there and then, until I found out the cost. So started saving up and was able to pull the cash together. Now to order it, should be easy right? NO. I emailed and emailed this company for at least 4 times, no answer, no reply , nothing. Hmmm, I contacted my guy in Germany to maybe try from there and get me one, no luck, they did not want to work with him at all. So we went with plan B, get it from the source , THS modellebau since they were willing to help me, or should I say help US. I wanted everything available as an option (things I would use that is) , included on the top of my list was the awesome adjustable boom, ripper, extra wide bucket and LST grapple, Rock fall protection , heavy counter weight, Demolition track and chassis, the 20ch Brixl radio and screen monitor was just a must at that point with such outstanding machine! I wanted an orange color to match my fleet and man they got it spot on. I very much hoped to do some business with the original company but the lack of contact or to even say we don't want your business would have been some answer, instead I got nothing. Oh well.

It's been a long year to wait for this beast to be built but finally she's here , took 18hrs for it to arrive from Germany to St. Louis airport but got stuck there for 12 days.... So stupid if you ask me. I get a call from the customs office saying they need payment ASAP for fees and duty taxes otherwise they won't release it to the shipping company. What do you do at that point? pay the **** fees so they don't send it back. The crate and packing job was very well done, nothing loose or broken . It's an awesome machine to tell you the truth, feels nice and solid and the detail work is amazing. I am a very very happy camper!!! I still have not got it running yet but just a few teaser pictures until I get it outside.

Thanks for looking!

P.S. I blame Paul and Mike for this purchase (:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you got it, a Trucker brought it....

Last edited by MoRockN; 08-28-2013 at 11:59 PM.