RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:33 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PC1800 Front Shovel (1/12)

Great project, thanks for posting) When able to scratch build a fantastic swivel bearing like that, I was betting you also would be building scale replicas of the original cylinders But hey, if there is already some stuff out there on can get hold of that is about the correct size and can take the pressure, one can save time naturally.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:49 PM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimrock View Post
Great project, thanks for posting) When able to scratch build a fantastic swivel bearing like that, I was betting you also would be building scale replicas of the original cylinders But hey, if there is already some stuff out there on can get hold of that is about the correct size and can take the pressure, one can save time naturally.
Thanks!! Decided to try use some off the shelf air cylinders that are close to the needed sizes instead of building them, time will tell how well they will work and or for how long...lol
Old 12-01-2015, 10:55 PM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road

I have a question or two for all you hydraulic fellas on here.....

What type of oil filters are being used in models , are there inline and intank
filters??
How much would these small filters effect the flow if the needed volume is greater than the typical RC system??

How big should the tank be in regards to the total volume of oil in the system, should the tank hold the same amount or more, or can it be less providing the oil temp doesn't get to hot? I can't see the temp of the oil in this model being a problem....there will be about 700cc in the system not including what will end up being in the tank, which is one more thing that still needs to be built. I would think that the longer the model is being used the warmer the oil will get....how warm does the hyd. oil typically get in your machines??

I have limited knowledge in regards to hydraulics and no experience with RC hydraulics...zero...so be patient with me as I hope to learn more from all of you and of coarse the good ole " school of hard knocks"