RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:24 PM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PC1800 Front Shovel (1/12)

Swing bearing build using 200 - 1/4" steel balls and when completed is about 9.375 in dia.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I will be using a sprocket and chain for the swing , this will allow me to put the swing drive motor in under the cab or in a spot that is not needed for something else.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Still need to install the top and bottom seals on the bearing as well as the spacer to get the proper height. Hope this all works...LOL
Old 11-22-2015, 10:56 PM
Apprentice

I will be trying these air cylinders on the shovel not sure how well they are made but I'm going to find out. The main boom cylinders are 1.25" ID and the rest are 1.0625" ID. Hopefully the 5/32" tubing will have enough flow.... I'm going to find that out as well.

[IMG][/IMG]

I also plan on using a full scale valve body and pump , I will need to change the operating pressure in the valve down to 200-250 psi and the pump will need to turn at about 1500 RPM to supply enough volume for the cylinders, not sure if I can get this all to work as I would like but it's worth a try...the other challenge will be getting it all to fit in the model....time will tell.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-22-2015, 11:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Princess Auto strikes again!lol I'm liking what you're up too! I think one of the other guys on here used some valves like that in a couple of excavators and they worked alright. What is the plan to spin that pump with? 3408?lol

http://rctruckandconstruction.com/sh...ighlight=pc650

Last edited by RCP57; 11-22-2015 at 11:56 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:52 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Nice work on the slew ring

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:55 AM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

Since I'm a Komatsu guy, I've been waiting for this build to start. Great work on the swing bearing! Don't know if it will be a problem, but sometimes when a main relief valve is adjusted well-below its normal operating pressure, it is not very consistent or accurate. I'm guessing this system has an original pressure of 2500-3000 PSI, dropping to 250 PSI might be a problem. Hope it is not for you. Should you need additional technical information about the full-size PC1800, let me know. Be glad to assist.

Ken
Old 11-24-2015, 12:19 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkycuda View Post
Since I'm a Komatsu guy, I've been waiting for this build to start. Great work on the swing bearing! Don't know if it will be a problem, but sometimes when a main relief valve is adjusted well-below its normal operating pressure, it is not very consistent or accurate. I'm guessing this system has an original pressure of 2500-3000 PSI, dropping to 250 PSI might be a problem. Hope it is not for you. Should you need additional technical information about the full-size PC1800, let me know. Be glad to assist.

Ken
You might be right about the relief valve not liking the the low pressure, I wasn't thinking of that style of relief valve in there not a simple ball and spring, if it wants to float around at the low pressure I will need to add an external one on later to correct it....l will try it first and and see what it will do...maybe just maybe it will work with the low pressure.
Do you work on this machines or operate them??
Old 11-24-2015, 09:30 AM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADSGARAGE View Post
You might be right about the relief valve not liking the the low pressure, I wasn't thinking of that style of relief valve in there not a simple ball and spring, if it wants to float around at the low pressure I will need to add an external one on later to correct it....l will try it first and and see what it will do...maybe just maybe it will work with the low pressure.
Do you work on this machines or operate them??
I'm a technical trainer for a Komatsu distributor in Kentucky & Indiana. Mostly, I teach our technicians but sometimes do troubleshooting classes for customers. Our territory has shovels up to the PC5500 and trucks up to 240 tons, but with the coal market going to h3ll, many of the larger machines are being parked.

Ken
Old 11-24-2015, 12:07 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
Nice work on the slew ring
Thanks.......it looks simple enough but was tricky to make....my first mistake was using a three jaw to turn it , should have use a four jaw but got lazy and didn't change chucks and started to get some vibrations in the cuts near the finished size, sometime short cuts aren't short cuts at all.....just end up spending more time trying to fix thing.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:55 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Princess Auto strikes again!lol I'm liking what you're up too! I think one of the other guys on here used some valves like that in a couple of excavators and they worked alright. What is the plan to spin that pump with? 3408?lol

http://rctruckandconstruction.com/sh...ighlight=pc650
Yes good ol princess auto...lol...the valve body and pump are from them (got them on sale too heehee) the cylinders are from Automation Direct. Not sure yet what motor will be used on the pump yet, need to turn it at 1500rpm to get the flow needed but I don't actual know how strong the motor needs to be, if I put in a motor that is to big it will just eat battery power. Still need to try runs some tests with pump RPM and see what flow rate is like, going to just use a cordless drill to do the tests on the pump three speed drill will give me some ranges to play with. You would need two 3408 engines to run the full scale shovel.....even then two kitties might not be enough....lol