RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road
Red face chassis question

I know this is probably a newbie question, but what is the purpose for double stacking the chassis rails on some of the builds. Ive seen it on many builds where you will have your standard chassis rail set then have a section where there is another set bolted directly on top of it. It may not run the entire length, or ive seen it front to back too, but both rails just sit parallel no drop areas or anyhting???

I figured that maybe it's just be used for more mounting room of components and or raising body height but I honestly have no idea and dont want to sound lke a dumbarse guessing about it.

I know that some of the dump beds have rails bolted to the bottoms to allow for operation of it tilting etc etc. Ive also seen some use extra rails to allow a section to sit lower down or higher up for beds

I cant upload pictures to show what I'm talking about right now but I'm sure you guys can figure it out

I appreciate any help you guys could give me on this as I'm feeling slightly less than retarded on this....lol

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Green Horn

DieselKid is on a distinguished road
Default Re: chassis question

Are you seeing this double frame setup on dump truck builds?

Reason I ask is because I know I've seen a few guys on here run such a setup on their dump trucks.....they're basically using the top set of rails as the frame for their dump box and give extra clearance between the top of the tires and the bottom of the box. Or to hide extra electronics, battery, etc.

Hopefully others will chime in as well,
-Alex
Old 04-14-2011, 06:04 PM
Green Horn

Car5858 will become famous soon enoughCar5858 will become famous soon enough

On mine I do that for a scale look. Sets the correct cab height, and wheel clearance, or to set the trans in the proper position.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselKid View Post
Are you seeing this double frame setup on dump truck builds?

Reason I ask is because I know I've seen a few guys on here run such a setup on their dump trucks.....they're basically using the top set of rails as the frame for their dump box and give extra clearance between the top of the tires and the bottom of the box. Or to hide extra electronics, battery, etc.

Hopefully others will chime in as well,
-Alex
Ive seen it on all types of builds from dumps to just standard cab setups, the dump setup I had figured was for clearance and mounting of hydros etc etc but the others are what I was unsure on.

--Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car5858 View Post
On mine I do that for a scale look. Sets the correct cab height, and wheel clearance, or to set the trans in the proper position.
Thanks for the input I had figured that the scale appearace was one reason I had not even thought about the trans mount heighth. I have seen quite a few this way especially when they are 6x6 I assume to bring cab height up to clear the axle and such??

Thanks again for your input guys any more is greatly appreciated as well

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by scalelover; 04-15-2011 at 12:24 PM. Reason: spelling