RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Green Horn

justinart24 is on a distinguished road
Default Aftermarket wheels for "front power axles"...

I want to first apologize for the noobie question, sorry!

I was searching for some aftermarket wheels for my Tamiya Trucks. I am currently swapping in a tlt axle to make my Tamiya Globe Liner 6wd.

I know there seems to be a lot of vendors on this forum but it’s hard to tell who still makes what.

My question, anyone make a set of wheels that have “hexs” or “pins” in the front so I can run 6wd? Right now I am just running a Tamiya inside dually wheel for a front

***Thanks in advance!

Here is my build thread.
http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...?t=1165&page=2

Current progress, I will post pics in my build thread this weekend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Builds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Aftermarket wheels for "front power axles"...

what you have , is what some do . I do make wheels to go on the tlt axle for both , super single and standard tires . I have only stop for a few months do to an up swing of work in my excavating biz . I'm also taking this time to upgrade my machines . I have a vmc + a lathe coming by the end of this month beginning of july . I JUST WANT TO BE CLEAR , I have every intention of continuing to make my wheels .

Old 06-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
what you have , is what some do . I do make wheels to go on the tlt axle for both , super single and standard tires . I have only stop for a few months do to an up swing of work in my excavating biz . I'm also taking this time to upgrade my machines . I have a vmc + a lathe coming by the end of this month beginning of july . I JUST WANT TO BE CLEAR , I have every intention of continuing to make my wheels .
Thanks you very much for your response. Cool, gives me some time to save some money too.

Got a link to what wheels you use and prices and etc? I am looking to upgrade my king hauler and globe liner.

Thanks in advance!

Justin,

My Builds

Old 06-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Justin ,
Here is the styles and #'s http://173.201.47.108/showthread.php?t=1472
and in customer pics you'll see the tlt fronts travis black dt are ss and larry's knight are standard http://173.201.47.108/showthread.php?t=1477

Old 06-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Green Horn

Wow, thanks! I just found that thread right before you posted it.

Feel free to PM me or email at justinart24@yahoo.com when you back to making them.

Thanks again sir.

My Builds