RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 03-05-2013, 06:53 AM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: valve leak (is this normal?)

That pump is certainly on my list then. Do you have the 600 or 900ml version? Im thinking 900 will be way too much for the 4mm OD hoses. Hopefully next month i'll be able to order it, im all purchased out for right now. Even after extending the lameback reservoir if you go on an incline facing away from the pump it will leave the suction port dry and suck air in..

Alright took the valves apart.. there might be a miniscule nick on one ring but not really sure. however there are obvious machining burrs around the oring seat on another valve which might result in the ring catching on the edges and not being able to fully expand, resulting in the leak. No it was impossible to tell which valve was leaking, even after repeated wipes and what not.

My replacements were sent non registered so still not here but i have no problems sourcing orings down to 1.5mm ID so i'll pick a bag of 100 and roll with it, after i xacto debur the plunger. Everything else looks ok.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Green Horn

carp is on a distinguished road

900ml i think, how big are the rc4wd cylinder you are using? im sure someone said they are 18mm? As for the tank, use an rc car/heli fuel tank much better capacity
Old 03-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
900ml i think, how big are the rc4wd cylinder you are using? im sure someone said they are 18mm? As for the tank, use an rc car/heli fuel tank much better capacity
Outside is 19mm but the piston gasket is 16mmID @1.5mm thick so about 17.5mm or so inside bore.. i have to measure it again for exact sizes. The shaft is something odd like 7.6/7/8mm however. Really weird number

for some reason at first i thought they were 14. not sure why