RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road
Default Vario...

(I usually don't write novels on this kind of stuff but my friggin blood is BOILING right now)

So I ordered an RTR Vario JD850D at the end of April 2011. It just arrived yesterday 11-9-11......

I was told it would arrive 8 weeks from the time of my order, instead of taking the option to pay for half I wired the entire amount to them from the start.

Email after email of excuses and BS from Vario about parts delays and other crap I kept my cool and pushed on.

They shipped it finally on October 27th. After a shipping delay @ the Germany Fedex office because they didn't receive the correct paper work from Vario, it gets to Memphis on Nov. 3rd. I emailed Vario and they acted like they could care less. So since Vario failed to put any kind of Customs information in/on/with the crate, US Customs puts it in holding. After me filling out several forms it's finally released and in my hands another week later.

Started to tear the crate apart yesterday and it's nailed and screwed in a way that makes it pretty difficult to get apart. Several pulls on the prybar me and a buddy finally get the thing apart. Lucky me! One of the straps broke loose! Thank god the other held and the bucket was held tightly in place to the crate. UNLUCKY ME! ALL the hydraulic oil has leaked over the entire model and crate as well as all the tiny pieces of lead have spilled out of the rear counterweight.
Then proceeded to notice the following:
-Hyd. cylinders aren't painted
-Interior Pedals are broken off from the loose driver in the cab
-Fire Extinguisher mounts are broken off the floor
-"Driver" that I was charged 50euro for is the Wedico Gay Cowboy!!!!!!
-"Scale Walkway" could be used for the 1:1 since it's so huge.
- Cab Protection I paid for was nowhere to be seen
- External accessories (Ladder etc.) I paid for were nowhere to be seen
- This one is on me, I thought the tracks were metal....they're delrin or abs plastic.
- Never had a hernia, but I'm pretty sure I will in the near future from lifting this monster!!

Wrote another calm and factual email this morning to Vario and we will see where that gets me. Maybe Vario will offer me another mouse pad or keychain.......

Lesson learned, buy kits. I hope this statement isn't true after using the Vario, but right now I wish I'd have gone with Liebherr/Wedico/Stahl.