RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 03-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Nice bucket Joe! Looks like you can handle lots of material with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:25 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Bigrigger, I remember when you started GTF, you were quite a lil bottle pepper... you were 12 then - so you about 18 19 now? Thanx for the fan fare.

Not much more capacity RT9, but moreso the straight cutting is what I prefer, these models are too small to make proper use of a spade bucket with teeth.

So what to do the old WA500 bucket... hmmm... HAH!

Having this bolt placed exactly here below the drag link keeps the bucket from tilting too far and over camming the linkage.. it still tilts as sharp as if it weren't there, but it puts upward pressure on the drag link so it doesn't get stuck in that position.

Gonna have another go at looking for that pressure relief valve, the hyds have been weak ever since I got it. I'll try to tie in my guage too while I'm at it to see how low it is, then bump it to 14 15bar... more power, faster speed.

Joe
Old 03-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Joe, it's been while since I checked your thread! I didn't even know you had a Scale Art 963B track loader! Dang, that model looks like the real thing, sitting all cover in dust and dirt. Shame it doesn't perform to your expectations though, hydraulic wise. I bet the guys at Scale Art never thought one of their products would get worked so hard. I'm sure the average guy would never run a model as hard as you, but considering the nature of the Scale Art loader, I'd say it hasn't done to bad.

The Komatsu has transformed into a beast! It's looking really good with the bigger tires.

If you do build a side dump, like the Trout River trailer in the youtube video, that will be one of a kind! That's a really cool set-up.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:36 PM
BANNED

Got it last Spring, bought it used from some one in the states... Ben just got one too shortly before, I didn't want to steal his thunder blabbling about mine.

I don't run anything hard Nathan, I just use it regulary... the 850 gets abused a bit digging so much virgin ground, but everything else is working in loose soil.

So I got a gauge installed before I did anything... with a fesh 3s batt, the press varied between 10 - 12bar... pretty low. Took about 80% of the pump apart to figure out how it worked exactly.. eventually found the prv, as well as a couple of oop's somebody did when the tank & pump were mated together... some silicone used for a sealed union between the two, some silicone was partially block the intake port restricting flow.

There's 3 ports on this pump on the tank side, each outside port - 1 is inlet, the other is return and the one in the middle seems to come out from under the drive gear , using a bit of very light air pressure in that port, I can feel air coming the drive gear teeth... anyways, there was some silicone stuck in that bore, partially blocking it. I don't know or understand what that port is for in the system.

Pump/tank back together now & working muuuuch better, press running 15 - 16bar, that loader really lifts fast now, although the power seems a bit lacking still (pressing down with my hand while trying to lift hydraulically)... a change of lift cyls to a larger bore is probably what's needed... some recent yt vids I've seen, the cyls look different than mine, maybe they are bigger. This loader is about 5 or 6 yrs old.

Anyways... seems my hi spd internet has been restored early, perhaps I load a movie tonite.

Joe
Old 03-02-2013, 05:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Joe, interesting about the pump having a blocked port. Glad you figured out the problem though. Perhaps now it will perform better. No idea why you'd have 3 ports on the tank side of the pump. Perhaps the third is a drain or a port to help the pump be self priming?
Old 03-02-2013, 09:08 PM
BANNED

Luving it now! It's working just how I want it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iH8J...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcuq3...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANwlj...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E70WK...ature=youtu.be

Joe
Old 03-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Green Horn

buzzy16 is on a distinguished road

wow just checking on my youtube feed and the first 4 vids are from you joe

my mother is going to kill me using this much download :P
Old 03-03-2013, 01:43 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

How would you compare it to the Stahl loader?

Construction site on Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures on Instagram:
Old 03-03-2013, 07:09 AM
Apprentice

trucker n is on a distinguished road

loving the new equipment joe love the scaleart when u going to show us some video of the d11 from texas wish i had not sold all my equipment now
Old 03-03-2013, 07:23 AM

John T. is on a distinguished road

hay Joe nice videos. I just watched them on utube the only concern i have is that they might get blocked because of the background music playing, sadly ive had other fav. vids get blocked because of this very thing. I hope this does NOT happen, but i just wanted to give you a heads up in case it does. keep up the great work
Old 03-03-2013, 10:05 AM
BANNED

I hearrrd that Buzzy! I just burned up 20% of my data cap for the month already with those 4 shorty vids + here's one more.

Emil, Just the difference in weight, longer tracks, better balance makes the Scale Art 10x better over the Stahl. I need to find the loader arms from the wdc 966 and a set of Stahl dozer track bodies to stretch the 632 out... I seen pics of some one who did that, but no vid, I think that would be a great improvement of performance for that track loader.

The Tx dozer is for outside this summer... no way I'm carrying that monster down a narrow stairwell!!! It's way too big to function down there, one pass & I'd be done! Why did you sell everything?!

Yes John, I've already been warned by youtube that this may happen... can I edit the video with it in place on youtube to mute the sound? or would I have to reload?...if it happens it happens, I won't make that mistake again.

http://youtu.be/X3PvBoqXjlo

Joe
Old 03-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Apprentice

trucker n is on a distinguished road

i hear ya joe on the dozer to heavy for the basement i sold the machinery was buying a house and family come first i think tax return next year may get something we will see
Old 03-03-2013, 04:28 PM

catmack is on a distinguished road

Joe, maybe you said but, is that the scale art bucket?, aluminum?
Old 03-03-2013, 11:19 PM
BANNED

No, it's the old bucket from WA500 wheel loader... the Scale Art oem bucket is too narrow, the tracks stick out about 3mm either side. This old bucket is a perfect fit (imo) to the 963, much greater capacity & this model has the stones to handle it easily too.

Yes, this one is aluminum. The new bucket for the wheel loader is laser cut steel from Fumotec.

This is the 963's oem bucket (photo courtesy of Snochaser Ben)
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/a...ckntrailer.jpg

..there is a post reply button at top & bottom of each thread page, or quicker yet is the quick reply window at the bottom.... instead of quoting an already long post. Use the quote to answer or pose a question to something specific. Just a suggestion to help with the use of the forum.

Joe
Old 03-04-2013, 05:03 AM

catmack is on a distinguished road

Okay, I am still new to the forum stuff but I get it, thanks for the tip. The laser cut bucket, is that the one you have posted here up a page or so or is it the one you are taking off?...Fumotec??, is it the 850 bucket
Old 03-04-2013, 05:44 AM
BANNED

Yes, the one I just weld together on the previous page. The bucket on the 963 is the original to the wheel loader.

Fumotec is the designer - original creator of the JD850, he (Frank) works for Vario and they brought his kit to market for him, and have the copyrights to further sales. But Frank now has a other constr kit models he produces and sells on his own. http://www.fumotec.de/ A great fellow to deal with.

Joe
Old 03-04-2013, 08:03 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Hi Joe did you look at the sight,I went to the face book page he has. Frank has metal tracks in the works. Ed
Old 03-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road

Joe, you are the demon from the hot inner depths!

Seeing those makes me wish I could win some serious dinero. One of the D40's or 50's first, then a front-bucket loader to fill it.

Then again, I'd probably go military hauler w/ lowboy first, getting one of Peter Muller's Faun SLT2-50's with its trailer:

http://www.sonderfahrzeug-modellbau....23a/index.html

2370 euro base ain't chump change. Less the 19% VAT, but add postage & 13% HST on this end. Still a chunk. Though that plain Waran chassis for 470 euro is tempting... when my pocketbook recovers.

Sigh, I gotta get to work on my stuff.

WhiteWolf
Old 03-04-2013, 06:42 PM
BANNED

I don't see it anywhere on his site Ed, and I don't have facebook either... can you snag a few photos to post here from his F/B page or perhaps post a direct link, maybe I can see it then. TIA

Joe
Old 03-05-2013, 05:39 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Joe I tried to get a photo but it won't come up. The link is found at fumotec.de the shop scroll down to the bottom and you will see his face book page. Ed