RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 12-14-2014, 10:08 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCO

Here's what I've been tinkering with lately, a bit more tweaking to do with it yet and then tear it all apart to paint 'er up.

Not a whole lot of blade travel with this Firgelli actuator, only lifts maybe 1/2 inch above/below level... seriously considering gutting the ol' Stahl dozer for it's hyds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii1b...ature=youtu.be

Joe
Old 12-14-2014, 11:56 AM
Green Horn

Dieselchopper is on a distinguished road

Thanks Joe, nice to see what it was capable of in your pile.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:07 PM
Wannabe

thebigo is on a distinguished road

Strong little Dozer Joe, glad your happy with it.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:35 PM
BANNED

The more I use it, the more I like it! It's a great bit of kit! Well done on the engineering Izzy.

Joe
Old 12-18-2014, 04:04 PM
BANNED

I had a goodie bag come from Fumotec that took like 3wks to finally get here last Friday (must've ended up on the bottom of the pile at Customs), so I've been working on the excavator the last week... currently making a new engine cover & counterweight b/c it's not gonna be Komatsu brand.

Got this accessory for the above hoe, it shipped last week & I got it today! (must've have landed on top of the pile @Customs, but judging the condition of the box, it looks like it was on the bottom, contents are fine)

My lean-to got tinned last week. YAAAY I've got no door access it though didn't want to cut any holes in my existing shop, create a bunch drafts. Do that next summer, along with the spray foam insulation, lights & some concrete work.

Joe
Old 12-18-2014, 04:49 PM
Wannabe

Azonic will become famous soon enough

Nice work Joe, I'm looking forward to see what that breaker can do, what's the maximum pressure it can handle?

Can you place it next to the stick on your 870 for size reference?
Old 12-18-2014, 05:28 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Hey Joe
Things are really moving alone at your place. ( New equipment / buildings ) Great to see ! !
I think you should keep the electric's on your new dozer regarding the blade operation, if it works, keep it simple. Is it possible to get firgelli's with more throw ?

Greg
Old 12-18-2014, 06:43 PM
Green Horn

So I guess I need to pour a small concrete slab for next years show??????.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:24 PM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLogger View Post
Hey Joe
Things are really moving alone at your place. ( New equipment / buildings ) Great to see ! !
I think you should keep the electric's on your new dozer regarding the blade operation, if it works, keep it simple. Is it possible to get firgelli's with more throw ?

Greg
The way Izzy made the blade lift it could be changed to get a different angle. It has a pivot under the hood and that is where the firgelli is located moving both blade cylinders with one firgelli.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:53 AM
BANNED

Sorry Kalle, I keep forgetting to get that pic... not too much longer & the 450 will be in the pit alongside the 850.

The limited blade movement is a bit of a hurdle Greg, I'm not sure if there'd be enough room for a 50mm stroke Firgelli... I'll just keep using keep using it like it is for now.

Plasterboard would make for a better show Shawn, demolishing a small building... ugh ugh ugh

I was in the city last week for xmas, a trip to a hobbyshop to get me some brass sheet... I'm in disbelief that it took me all day to make this & it's still not perfect... if I wasn't so lazy I'd throw it trash & start again.

Joe
Old 01-02-2015, 08:55 AM
Green Horn

Have some scrap hoard hanging around, a building it is.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:04 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Looking good Joe, you need more projects, to much open space on that work bench!

At least I didn't build a building with no doors or windows
Old 01-05-2015, 10:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Stuff is looking good joe, those tanks are little buggers hu? I popped the seams on mine twice checking for leaks,a little too much air pressure and a couple swear words later I finally just submerged it and lung pressure worked fine!!
Old 01-06-2015, 02:45 AM

pyrosrock is on a distinguished road

i thought the no doors or windows was the plan because he was building it so he had somewhere to tunnel to with all his toys!
Old 01-06-2015, 07:41 AM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road

Grousser differences?

Good picture of the hoe makes me ask - what are the design intentions between a triple pad vs. Single or double? I'm sure it must have something to do with traction and flotation. Is it effective in our scales or more for looks?

Wish my bench have that much space on it!

Jim
Old 01-06-2015, 10:23 AM
BANNED

No doors or windows in the lean-to yet. I intend to take out an existing window from rear of main building, put a door in its place & move the window onto the east wall of lean-to. I didn't do it now b/c the main building is sealed (no drafts) for the winter.

Not too bad RW, once I got all the pieces clamped in place & got busy soldering. The piece that the hose fittings screw into, that piece tilted upward somewhat, would have been better if tilted down that wee bit, with the hoses in it lifts the front of the tank a bit... I didn't pressure test, I got all seams with plenty of solder... guess I'll find out when I put oil in it.

Grousers: one bar for dozers = great traction. 3 bars on this excavator, that's what they usually look like & it's for floatation. The model is heavy, I hope it doesn't slide around.

I've been busy fixing old equip the last couple days... left my camera out in the shop... fix ol' whitey's transmission - an aluminum gear in the top shaft in the middle had nearly worn smooth, good reason for it to be skipping in 2nd gear. SA loader replacing a bunch of bent track pins & re-lubricating the tracks. Stahl wheel loader, bucket cyl mount on the loader body need to make a new one. Green 6wd dump trk, putting new drive motors in.... and a few other things.

It's been great enjoyment the last week working out in the shop while it's -30's & storming. Toasty in there & plenty of space to work at different things.

Joe
Old 01-06-2015, 01:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yea we are having what you would call a warm spell, next few days down into single digits. I really hope I can stay inside. When we get real cold I usually get more work, freeze up and such, so hopefully none of that. Basically the more miserable it gets the more work I have. Really makes that time in the toasty new shop enjoyable for ya joe!!
I know you have had a few order from premacon, I had an order on the 11 of dec, haven't got it yet, curious if that is the norm on occasion? Figure it's sitting on the bottom of customs pile like you said before. If you get into tearing apart that adt make sure to post some pics, I'm planning on building on of them. I'll have to take a few days and back pedal through your library of posts .
Old 01-07-2015, 02:57 PM
BANNED

It's a 30mph sw wind today making it a sob just to get out the door! It'll be nice when that tunnel is done.

I have only had one order from Premacon in my life, I was told it would be March before the hammer would be available for shipment, then within 10days of placing order I got an email confirmation that it had shipped... somebody else must have cancelled. But yeah, about 8dys later it was in my hands.

An order from Fumotec was close to 3wks to get it. Right around xmas is a bad time to order anything from anywhere! And ordering from the USA is slow all year long, might be a week or might be a month, I don't know why... and shipping cost from USA is more than double than what it is from Europe. Go figure?!

So I (mouth) pressure tested my tank today, found a leak about the upper middle (resolder) & fitting on top needed a different sealant used. Waiting for that to dry before testing again.

The Stahl adt is working fine, might start the Fumotec adt in a few weeks.

RW, your occupation is general handyman for home repair?

Joe
Old 01-07-2015, 03:25 PM
Green Horn

apfubar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
I know you have had a few order from premacon, I had an order on the 11 of dec, haven't got it yet, curious if that is the norm on occasion? Figure it's sitting on the bottom of customs pile like you said before. If you get into tearing apart that adt make sure to post some pics, I'm planning on building on of them. I'll have to take a few days and back pedal through your library of posts .
I thought I would chime in, as I have had a number of orders with Premacon...

I am not surprised that your order has not been received yet, especially if you haven't recieved any confirmation that it has shipped. I am waiting on an order at the moment which was placed on the 3rd of December... I know mine hasn't shipped, I have a confirmation that it should ship next week(received on the 19th of December).

Frankly I will be pleasantly surprised if mine ships next week... If it doesn't it won't be the end of the world...

Cheers,
Andrew p.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Got shipping confirmation from 16th, (acceptance) then passed sort facility in Germany on 30th, now in jersey as of a couple days ago. Dhl was original shipper but looks to be pased of to usps. I've received other orders from them but delivered to door by dhl. Customs and that time of year I guess, not upset as I'm still amazed at the logistics of any shipping company more so just excited for the guts of the excavator.

Yea joe when you start the fumotec adt be sure to post a bunch of pics, mainly on frame and articulation joint . I have a small business, development and leasing. I do everything from repairing a shingle to grading roads. Manufactured home community of 112 units and expanding another 90 sometime soon. More involved with the infrastructure than the handyman stuff. Everything has become schooled and specialized, hvac, contractor license, legally it is becoming a pain in the *** to install something so simple as a ceiling fan. I've got my hands full in summer between property maintenance , concrete work, water lines, sewer lines , site work ect. Yea I do everything but don't know anything lol!!