RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 05-20-2015, 01:36 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCO

Don't have bedrock here, but do have rock from golfball size to Datsun. Topsoil is about 3 to 6", then it's subsoil or what I would call hardpan. Everything I dig in the basement is subsoil clay, it's like granite till I soften it up with some water... depending on how wet it is, it's either like snott or glue. I had a couple of football sized rocks that I dug out by hand when I was digging in the posts for the walls, they were 20 to 30" below the dirt floor.

The rockpile I have under the stairs, this picture was taken Dec 2008, I haul the rocks out just about every yr, the really big rocks I carry out by hand.

Joe
Old 05-20-2015, 01:48 AM
BANNED

After supper again today I did some more hauling to behind the house... the B50 is too big to fit through the opening between lean-to & furnace oil tank, but the B4206 & belly dumpers have plenty of room.

Joe
Old 05-20-2015, 10:08 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Hi joe-looks like you are working hard and getting a lot done. I have a weird idea if your interested. Could you take your camera on a tractor, 4-wheeler, or some type of slow moving vehicle an give us a tour of your farm? Not sure about anyone else but I would like to see that. Alabama has lots and lots of farmland but these days most of it is just lying dormant. I think these farmers realize they can get more money from the gov. by not planting. Not sure what is going on, I just know that not much is being grown in Al. If you don't have time-not a problem
Old 05-20-2015, 03:08 PM
BANNED

How about an aerial view Tom? I think these pics were taken 2002.

A pretty shot of canola flowering middle of June in the late 90's

Joe
Old 05-20-2015, 11:06 PM

Joe25 is on a distinguished road

Beautiful property definitely beats my 82' x 59' city plot lol
Old 05-21-2015, 12:12 AM
BANNED

Yeah, I like it here too.

Guess not retiring the Tamiyas just yet... the bellydumps are top heavy, I need to lay down a base with a dump trk 1st, get a smooth level roadbed developed.

Joe
Old 05-21-2015, 12:17 PM
Craftsman

Thanks a lot joe- you have a really nice place and BIG!!! Approx. how many acres do you plant? I remember when I was a kid I would go stay with my grandfather on his farm and go to the fields with him daily to watch him plow with his-2-horsepower set-up (2-mules) and he would plow all day and spread fertilizer by hand. My how things have changed.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:40 AM
BANNED

Just short of 3500ac, although this yr I decided to chem fallow 300ac b/c one particular field I had a lot trouble harvesting last Fall. Heavy crop of winter wheat, too much rain on it, a lot of it twisted up & went down, made it difficult to cut, it's just a woven mat of straw this Spring that would be difficult to get the airdrill through without making a big mess. I have a couple of thousand ac of tame & native grass pastures too that I rent out now that I don't have cows anymore. Part of the agreement I have with renters is I maintain all the barbed wire fence, about 20 miles worth... which is what I'm doing now being done with spring planting. Renters will be putting their cows in June 1st.

So late this afternoon I took some time to put the Lil Giants to work, the 450 digging a hole so its big brother could come out & play too. I need the hole so I can get the boom low enough to clear the window opening.

Loading the B50 to stockpile closer to lean-to...

...then reloading the GL & pup to distribute the dirt along the east side of the lean-to.

A great way to kill the last 4hrs of the day.

Joe
Old 05-23-2015, 01:22 AM
BANNED

The wdc tailgate hasn't shown up yet... but I got the pup hooked up to the B50 tonite.

When measuring for the hitch length on the pup I never gave it thought for the tailgate clearance when B50 box raised... geez, I'm always forgetting something. Don't lower pup till lead dumps...

I tapped into the hyd hoses that lift/lower the B50 box, but with a separate valve on the pup I can operate both dump boxes independently from each other. To operate pup I use Aux 1 (3pos) & pull down B50 box ch (throttle) to supply oil flow to pup valve.

Quite a notable difference in box sizes!

Total length is 53 inches.

Here's its parking spot for the summer.

Joe
Old 05-23-2015, 03:41 AM
Green Horn

apfubar is on a distinguished road

Just a thought...

Did how about a bit of angle on the pups gooseneck to protect the wire?

Ap
Old 05-24-2015, 12:32 AM
BANNED

Just hauling dirt, shouldn't be a problem... maybe a strip of duct tape to cover.

Managed to do a bit of hauling this evening, works awesome!

6 scoops on the trk & 3 1/2 on the pup, moved a lot of dirt in an hour... darn the luck the B50 doesn't fit through opening between house & lean-to.

Joe
Old 05-24-2015, 05:25 AM

calum_scania is on a distinguished road

Excellent work Joe! Really liking the pup you've made, its just a shame it wasn't a little bigger
Old 05-24-2015, 12:31 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Good looking train Joe, The pup will probaboly hold a full 4 scoops when the tailgate gets done...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Is the fumotec dumper 1:14? And the wedico? Big differences in box size. I still have my sights set on the fumotec b50. Looking at time manufacturing vs money spent, but boy it would be nice to have a kit!!! Really thinking of going that way as I've never been able to compare professional vs me!! lol,,, I always have a lot of scrapped and leftover parts!!!!
Old 05-24-2015, 02:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

I can't get over the size difference from the B50 and the 740! Mind you, it's a 50 ton truck VS a 40 ton. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Wedico based on 1:16th scale and not 1:14?
Old 05-24-2015, 02:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
.. darn the luck the B50 doesn't fit through opening between house & lean-to.
I'm sure you checked and double checked Joe but are you sure if the oil tank wasn't there you can approach at the proper angle and squeeze through?
Old 05-25-2015, 01:02 AM
BANNED

Thanx Calum, it does work well in tow.

Indeed rctech-9, looking forward to getting one on there.

wdc might be 1/16th, I don't recall RW. From what you accomplished with your D11, an ADT should be a snap for you.

You're right Mario, it's the oil tank in the way... would like a John Deere hat?
Moving the tank just 6 inches isn't a simple task unfortunately, it's all solid metal piping going into the basement & tank is half full at the moment too. Oh well, I got another dirt pile out in the trees, north of shop that the B50 & pup will haul from to landscape the north side of the building.

I got a good chunk of the dirt pile in front of the house moved out this wkend, started using the bellydumps again today, now that I have a level roadbed clear through to the north end.

Pounded out the dirt ramp today & the B4206 spun out going up, had to put this sheet of osb in place temporarily for the remainder of the day. I rebuilt the road before dark & then soaked it with water, should be good to go again tomorrow night.

Joe
Old 05-28-2015, 01:39 PM
Craftsman

Hi joe-;looks like you are enjoying yourself as always. Would you please explain how both boxes dump on the pup set-up -or maybe a video. Do you jack knife the pup and then drive over the edge of the pile?
Old 05-28-2015, 04:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JD hat? ....some days I'd like to walk into work wearing one ya know?

I just realized you must be loving this outdoor, non winter,not in the basement work. The outdoor pics really put into perspective how much work you've accomplished!.

definitely a lil giant.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:39 PM
BANNED

Here's a video for Tom.
https://youtu.be/UfXzAi95Y2g

If you're wondering how the hyds are hooked up? I just tee'd right into the hyd lines that go to the dump cyls for B50 dump box. Pull down stick (lowers B50 box) to circulate oil flow to valve on pup & operate 3pos switch (Aux 1) on radio.

Had about 9 gorgeous days of 25C to be outside this past week Mario, Wed afternoon 3 tenths rain & today heavy cloud, windy & 10C BRRRR! Sun just came out now & no wind, go dig in the pile for a couple hrs before dark.

Got a bit of rebuild to do... gotta get some eaves put on the shop this summer!

Idiot foreman ofcourse had to make some potholes in the mud yesterday.

Last night I tore into the ol' JD dozer to figure out what the problem was with one of the track motors, a couple of broken spur gears, easy fix - it's running again. Izzybilt dozer has been working great to level windrows from bellydumps, but the angle should spread better... it's been yrs since I last run this dozer!

Off to work!

Joe