RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:17 AM

B-Train Hauler is on a distinguished road
Default My steel coils B-train hauler

Hi guys, here's my B-train with my King Hauler/Peterbilt hauler. It's not finish yet since I want to make many changes and add many details (like tarps, not looking very realistic , add alu wheels, remaking rear door, etc.!). The last pictures were take after remaking cab.
It have an MFU and it can load and unload each trailers by remote. I need now to find a way to plug and unplug rear lights (ones on the "pop", it's the name we use here for the rear trailer) without hands. Actually I'm working on roof and headlights lightning.
I know there's many scale and newbies errors (when I see some art pieces in this forum I doublerealize it ) but I'll try to work on thems... You can see all the building process with the link following my signature, but because nearly each steps are there and because I'm really newbie, I think it's a little bit boring

ps. I apologize for my poor english knowledge, as it's not my first language m, if I write something in a curious or inappropriate way, please tell me!

[IMG][/IMG]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:59 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: My steel coils B-train hauler

Very Very nice looking set up! This is the first B train covered wagon I have seen on any board..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

Old 03-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

Gaetan, here is the solution to your lighting problem.

SS Tronix Wireless light kit.

Welcome to the board. Nice looking truck and trailers.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 03-27-2011, 03:45 PM

Ace Trucker is on a distinguished road

Really sweet B-train hauler i like it
Old 03-27-2011, 04:43 PM

Thanks a lot for your comments guys, it make my day!!!

I've never seen that kind of trailer (here we call it a "rack & tarp") on other forum too but I'm surprise to hear it from you Paul (Tamiya cowboy) because I know that you're a real expert and very active builder, present and renowned on many forums! It's a kind of guarantee!

I already know SS-Tronix and his system is really impressive. I asked for a submission some months ago but wasn't ready at that time to spend so much money. But more I think about it, more it seems the best solution! I'll probably contact him for a complete submission soon.

For now, I'll try to connect roof lamps on the four outputs of the mfu planned for the speed indicator (3) and the original roof lamps. But I didn't make any test until now to see if these outputs can take four leds... I also ordered a relay for making a separate circuit for lightning the truck if it doens't work directly by the mfu, but i'll receive it only in ten days.
I'll keep you informed.

Gaetan

Old 03-27-2011, 04:44 PM

AZLIGHTNING is on a distinguished road

Job Well Done, sweet looking set up!
Old 03-27-2011, 09:40 PM
The Man The Myth The Ledgen RUSS OF DA LOUD!

russisloud is on a distinguished road

Old 03-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Green Horn

DieselKid is on a distinguished road

Very neat rig Gaeten!...certainly something to be proud of!

And your tarps look just fine to me.....heck I installed half a dozen new tarps on some of our dump trailers at work when things were slow this past winter and even the real ones have ripples no matter how well you measure and mount. I'm impressed with your folding and tucking though....you aren't gonna have to worry about your corners catching any wind rolling down the road, good job!

Don't worry about your speech either....you talk just fine in my book. Some folks here on this side of the border could take a lesson from your proper sentence structure and punctuation! A+

-Alex
Old 03-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

GREAT looking rig Did you make your scale coils? They look very prototypical on the truck.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Zimms Customs

Looked at all your other pics, is that foam board for the trailer sides? Truck looks great. Your english is pretty good too!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Banned

TINY-TRUCKER is on a distinguished road

hi now that`s a nice rig, what do the steel coils weigh ???
cheers paul
Old 03-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Dozer Builder

td9clyde will become famous soon enoughtd9clyde will become famous soon enough

nice work looks sharp
Old 03-28-2011, 08:11 PM
I'd rather be truckin'

Brian in PA will become famous soon enoughBrian in PA will become famous soon enough

Looks Great man!! Its nice to something a little different. I have 2 IR light kits from SS-tronix, and I must say that they are first class all the way. It makes for some nice scale realism! keep up the great work!

Brian
Old 03-28-2011, 09:44 PM
White Line Fever

roadranger is on a distinguished road

Outstanding job! B-trains look great!
I like the way you modified the tractor sleeper roof, too!
AND the tractor rear fenders... nice work!

Jim B.
Colorado Springs
Old 03-29-2011, 04:13 AM

Hi everyone!
I'm a little bit surprised by all these comments! It's very rewarding, mostly from people so skilled about truck modelism! You know it's mostly a long story of trials and errors Thanks a lot!!

Alex, my biggest concern about tarps are the way they fall between cradles (is it the good word? ), it seem too ridgid (plus these riples...), but I didn't find any better stuff till now. In fact, it's real 1:1 tarping canvas

Tc1cat and Paul, yes my coils are homemade in three differents ways. My goal is to make three or four similars when I'll get the "good" one. The actual size reflect the normal weight for a b-train here, around 95000 pounds of loads (don't remember exactly). In this case a 50000 lbs coil on the lead and almost 45000 lbs (2 coils) on the pop, but I will try to adjust sizes and positions to approach realty when I'll build the ones I'm satisfied. Actually, the biggest one is made with a pvc tube with steel strapping rolled in each sides and a galvanize steel sheet around. It weight 7 pounds but it's not the heavier: the second is a real steel sheet one but not enough easy to roll mainly because I was trying to do with what I had in hand at home. I suppose it must weight around 15 pounds. The first one was exactly that... the first one! The fourth should be the good one I also heard about alu coils that could be find at gutters builders store. To follow...

Zimms customs, Yes it's foam board. Easy and rapid fit for now but they should be cut in panels and maintained with styrene holders instead of the original Tamiya. So many ideas, so little time!

And Roadranger, I think I can say that roof was a story by itself One day maybe I'll tell you the story LOL The fenders are from a member: M.Fishersworrig who also made the sunvizor and the pipe covers. Let me salute him if he is reading this

Now I'm still working on my tractors lights. Headlights and rooflights. Lot of scratching head for a newbie here... And worse: I'm outside home for at least one week But I stay tune with your works!

Old 03-30-2011, 01:59 PM

Mikemike is on a distinguished road

Very Nice
Old 04-15-2011, 11:02 AM

Hi eveyone !

I finally installed leds on my KH. It seems correct since everythings are working fine... Hope it will stay!
It was a little mess to put two 5mm leds and one 3mm in the PMD headlights but doesn't look so bad I think. It light a lot when you put all them on I'll put some on air cleaner and bumper sides in the futur. Ha time, time...
I also made some mods on the fenders supports as the previous interfered on tires with the load on it. Next things are some tune-in on coils and trailer. Some ideas of canvas for a more "natural" looking tarp?

Salutations,
Gaetan

Old 04-21-2011, 08:11 AM

Hi guys,

There's some pictures with some news stickers in a too much easy scenery !

Thanks for viewing!

Gaetan

Old 04-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Zimms Customs

Truck looks great, it is amazing how much decals add to a model. I see you have a little bruder backhoe, I have a couple of them myself.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:23 PM

Thanks!

As you can guess, I try to make a replica of a friend's 1:1 Peterbilt. It's the reason for these number. There's few others to put on, so I will try to improve my method for printing them or find some already printed...

For the Bruder, I got it with a Mack and a trailer that I want to rebuild (and stretch) to adapt to my KH. Maybe I'll work on the Mack later . They are really pretty toys!

Gaetan