RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:42 AM
Apprentice

Mama Sue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Clifford The Work Horse

Tease!..lol..Lookin forward to more updates
Old 03-05-2013, 06:03 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Looks like a great start!!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

great start on the trailer looks good!! what ya gonna do for the box?
Old 03-25-2013, 07:55 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road

Well I don't have any major updates on the trailer tonight but I do have a few shots of Clifford hooked to the lowboy with the loader on it. Once I get the loader smoothed out I will be back to whittling on the trailer and try to get a dumper ready for the show. About all I have left on it is the bed pan and figuring out the hinge on the rear door.

Anyways here are a few shots of Clifford with a small load behind it.

I will try to get some video up sometime as well for those of you who haven't seen it before.

Thanks for looking and lemme know what ya think with the new loader behind the truck.

Tyler
Old 03-26-2013, 07:27 AM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

Looks good,right at home with lowboy
Old 03-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Craftsman

Diesel Demond is on a distinguished road

thats one bad a$$ ride!!

Flat bedders do it with chains and straps,but now im yanking 53's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:58 PM
Journeyman

Not a real big update tonight but thought I'd show you guys a few little teaser shots of the dump frame coming together. I have to pick up some more metal tomorrow and I can hopefully get the lower bed frame together. Now these pics are just to show the size of the trailer but it won't be long before I have a dumping frame.

I should also be able to get my bed pan and sides sheared and bent this week hopefully if I get some time but we will see how far the frame makes it first.

Thanks for looking and thank you for the compliments, greatly appreciated.

Tyler
Old 03-27-2013, 07:59 PM

That's it!!!! J/K you got 3 weeks buddy chop chop!!! It's looking pretty good so far! when your sheering and bending let me know you can make me a few things too lol
Old 03-27-2013, 08:13 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
That's it!!!! J/K you got 3 weeks buddy chop chop!!! It's looking pretty good so far! when your sheering and bending let me know you can make me a few things too lol
I know, I know!!! It's slowly getting there but I hope to have it standing by the weekend if at all possible. Shoot me a text sometime or give me a holler tomorrow sometime. I'll see what I can do for ya bud. I will definitely have it done for you guys to see at the show as long as nothing breaks.

I'm almost ready having the loader running now, getting the tractor re-worked a little and the truck running good. I should be able to move and haul plenty of dirt around.

Tyler
Old 03-27-2013, 08:18 PM

Sweet! Now get to work its not going to build itself.... Trust me I know from experience HAHA
Old 03-28-2013, 07:52 PM
Journeyman

Did a little more tinkering on the trailer this evening. I got 28 new holes drilled and threaded for the lower cross braces and also got some more channel from the local hardware store to lay the deck frame out. Here are a few more progress shots to show the trailer coming along. Hope ya'll enjoy, lemme know what ya think.

Mocking up what the sides will kind of look like with the wood on top.

I also laid out the panels on the new sheet of aluminum I picked up yesterday. I should have them all sheared and bent tomorrow hopefully if all goes well after work.

Also had the supervisor handy to make sure all the measurements were correct as well.

That's all I have for the night but more to come this weekend and next week. I hope to maybe have the dump mechanism done and working early next week if all goes as planned.

Thanks for looking and let me know what you think.

Tyler
Old 03-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Journeyman

Well I got some time to make my panels today and stick the trailer together. I still have a long way to go but it is getting closer. The bed pan and sides are all bent. All I have left to do is get the front on and make the rear door but I have yet to figure out a lock mechanism for it.

Anyways here are a few more teaser pics for everyone to look at.

Here's a shot of it hooked up to the truck to show a better size comparison.

And here are a couple showing my loader trying to squeeze over the side a bit.

I hope everyone likes the updated pics from tonight. Lemme know what you think. I'll update soon with some more progress hopefully.

Thanks,
Tyler
Old 03-29-2013, 09:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Look's like the trailer is off to a great start, keep it up Tyler and you'll have this knocked out in no time.

Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 03-30-2013, 07:48 PM

Hey now its looking better!! Keep it up!
Old 03-31-2013, 05:54 PM
Green Horn

dmess62 is on a distinguished road

I'm trying to build a dump trailer myself these are some great pics and inspiration

Dave
Old 03-31-2013, 08:29 PM
Journeyman

Thanks for the compliments guys. I have a few changes I'm gonna make to it including dropping the sides down a bit so I can dump over it a little easier. I also plan on getting the front cap and gate done this week hopefully as well so I can at least have it to where it is operational.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmess62 View Post
I'm trying to build a dump trailer myself these are some great pics and inspiration
Thank you for the compliment and good luck on your build. I will try to post plenty of pictures to help everyone along with building one of their own. Mine is a little overbuilt than necessary as some guys will simply use styrene but I wanted to go all aluminum just because I can and also I like the sound of dirt and rocks hitting metal rather than plastic.

I'll keep the updates coming guys.

Thanks,
Tyler
Old 05-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Journeyman

Well it's been quite a while since I had any updates to this truck so I thought I'd post up some of the latest from this evening. I am getting closer to finishing off my dump trailer, all that is left is finishing off the rear gate and lock system, adding a rear bumper and mud flaps and also putting the front deck on with the fenders.

I hope to get some time this week and next to finish it if I can. As for this evenings fun, I finally got the replacement pump in for Scott's excavator that he picked up at the April show here in town so I decided to charge up his new battery and give the machine a little break in time.

The new pump is much better than the old one but still gets pretty warm after about 30 minutes of continuous use so I will probably throw a cooling fan on it to keep air movement throughout the machine. Also the excavator is pretty solid with the Spain conversion done to it and I am quite impressed with it all around. I had an extra bucket lying around so I chopped the teeth off and made a smooth bucket to do the clean up work much easier as well.

While not having anywhere outside this evening to run the excavator as we had some pretty nice showers and hail come through, I decided to build a little rock quarry inside the work area and set up a job site. I got Clifford off the shelf and stuck a couple batteries in and pulled down the trailer to load. I used a leftover box lid for my quarry and filled it with half a bag of gravel.

Now it's time to let the fun start and run the excavator and put it through it's paces. I will let the pictures do the talking for the time being.

The truck had no problems pulling the load around and the trailer also did great dumping it as well. I weighed the trailer empty and then I weighed it full at the end and I found out that I had 28lbs of gravel in the trailer when I was trying to dump it. That is prolly about the most this trailer will see unless I decided to fill it all the way to the top with the rear gate on and then I may be looking at another 5-8lbs I'm assuming. Anyways after I dumped a couple of loads I figured that the excavator was working properly as it should and it's ready to go back to Scott's for play/work time and so the grand kids can have a go at it as well.

After a few hours on the job site tonight didn't feel like doing much clean up so all the gravel went back into the trailer and lid and all was closed up so the cats didn't think they had a new bathroom facility.

Tomorrow we'll mess around at Scott's if we get time and see how he likes his new machine that he can finally run after two and a half weeks.

Thanks for looking guys and I'll try to keep you posted on updates and projects with this truck, trailer and excavator as time goes on.

Tyler
Old 05-09-2013, 10:54 PM

Good to see you worked some of the bugs out! Now get that trailer finished!!
Old 05-10-2013, 12:32 AM
Green Horn

buzzy16 is on a distinguished road

That's a very nice looking setup you have there, I like that I'm not the only one that reuses the truck boxs.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:13 AM
Journeyman

Lmackattack is on a distinguished road

looking good man. just a suggestion on your trailer axle. make axle stops on your rear frame so that it will rest flat on the rear tandem when you raise the box. this way when the trailer is raised it will rest firmly on that axel and not lean one way. also when the weight of the load comes out it wont be able to spring up and lean. this is how the real trailers are built

Keep us posted