RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2013, 08:38 PM

RCKiwi is on a distinguished road
Default you want how $%^&#*@ much???

So I've been researching and accumulating components to start my first build (loader, be making the pump, rams, valves, diff's, etc). I've sourced bits from all over this ball of dirt we live on with little hassle or expense, just time burning away, but I'm not quite ready to start, so no matter.

I need some special small bearings and after quizzing everyone nationally, my usual and some new suppliers, I hit a brick wall - goggle was my friend. I found them in the US and promptly filed a quotation request. After a day or so, I had a reply in my inbox. They were happy to help and the price was not too bad indeed. A mere US$5.10 each - I had to order 20 of, but figured ok, this project could be an absolute winner and I could always use them elsewhere, so all good.

Now, these special wee (wee - a local term for small here in NZ, something to do with the strong Scottish heritage our city has - we certainly don't pronounce it like the Scott's - just pronounced with our local twang) bearings, are only about ID3mm x OD6mm x 6 long. And I know what you're thinking - small package, judging on some of the small boxes I've had from Tower or RC4WD etc, I'd say about US$25 - $35, certainly $40 Tops..........

You can imagine my disbelief when I ready...........

UPS ("Saver" - lol) US$175........and then another $7 for packaging????????

Say what now........ ah you mean $17.50....

No sir, US$175, but it's a 5-8 day service..... (that makes all the difference-lets go with it!!) Sarcasm, for those who didn't see what I did there...

I'm not sure if it's a minimum charge or whatever, the nice lady has stopped replying to my emails?

I've since found them in Aussie, at AUS$3.15 each and a AUS$10 bubble pack.

I feel better.....