RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 02-06-2014, 12:22 AM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

That Deere is very impressive Joe. We could use you and that machine here on the Island. I am quite sure Vancouver Island has more rock than material.

Great demo of the power and size of your machine.

Greg
Old 02-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Green Horn

Hofabooz is on a distinguished road

Hi Joe

28 lbs way to go some power there.
Good to see some action from you.
Over here in the UK it seams to have rained for months now floods all over the place and my garden is like
a swap would need a boat not a truck to do anything out there at the moment.
Keep well.

Regards
Mark
Old 02-08-2014, 09:22 PM

Dirtmover is on a distinguished road

Oh...I see you had to deal with a 'pipe line'.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:25 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Yeah, the 850 is a lot of fun to use... I've done no hand digging since '11.

I see your weather on the news Hofabooz, it's been a crazy world climate since 2010.

A few snaps of the action lately... cleaning up the last of the previous dig... this screener bucket sure has been a handy tool , I think it's done better than 4 cu/yd.

Lil man made lake. ...about 3 gallons dumped at once, hopefully it spreads out horizontally somewhat too.

Now I start digging out this small area, its had 4 days of no water & maybe dried somewhat. Then it'll be screening it to pile the fines on the other side of furnance & haul the lumps in behind water heater to dry out for the summer & crush it to fines at the start of next winter.

Joe
Old 02-14-2014, 05:42 PM
Green Horn

Hofabooz is on a distinguished road

Hi Joe

Looking good.
If you need any more water just let me know we have plenty to spare in the UK at the moment can always fedex you some.

Regards

Mark
Old 02-17-2014, 05:06 AM
BANNED

Preferably I'm hoping for drought this yr, worldwide... prices are getting scary low in recent months, it seems much of the world had record yields last yr... although a lot of my crop ended up in the feed market, quality suffered b/c all the nutrients went into the excessively hi yield.

I dug down about 10 inches, ground started getting too hard. Move all the loose wet dirt back into freshly dug hole, then slide down a small hill to start digging at the lower level.

http://youtu.be/ZTH5c07tfU4

Joe
Old 02-17-2014, 10:32 AM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

If you hang a (tamiya) chain over the opening of the bucket in wet/damp soil, it will help with the sticking. Make sure it goes to the back of the bucket.
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 02-18-2014, 06:45 PM
BANNED

I was going to suggest chains Ben, but I couldn't remember exactly what you did there & yours is the only model I've ever seen had them.

850 going up.... I almost rolled it over ... I don't know what stopped it... just lucky I was!!! (need a 'wipe the brow' smiley)

http://youtu.be/tyANyczyojA

Joe
Old 02-18-2014, 08:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Nice catch Joe, is it my poor eye site or can't you run the tracks the same time as the stick/boom? Hope that ? made sence.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:21 PM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

Wow Joe , that was close!!! Guess you must be livin the good life. Sure brings the pucker factor up real high doesn't it. Did that once inside the Bucyrus Erie factory when they were still in Guelph On. trying to get into they're paint both.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:27 PM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough

I hung it off the top of my bucket through the "eyes". I can take it off easy, has PMD hooks on the ends.

Ben
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 02-18-2014, 09:30 PM
BANNED

Yes I can Kent. There's rotary sliders on each side of the tx, left is steering & right is for/rev. I guess I tend to use the arm more for changing direction just b/c it's quicker. Plus the rotary sliders are real touchy to get perfectly center so the Sabertooth will stay in neutral.

It took my breath away Rob! I won't be trying a stunt like that again without putting my FOOT on a track 1st.

I might weld some D rings on my buckets & try that Ben, thanx for the tip.

Joe
Old 02-18-2014, 11:02 PM
Green Horn

rc13 is on a distinguished road

That video was cool, scary, and crazy all in one. Nice save!.. Nothing like walking the tight rope with an excavator. Hope the oil didn't spill out of the top nipple of the tank at that extreme angle..
Thanks,
Eddie
Old 02-19-2014, 10:22 AM
BANNED

I topped the hyd tank up just before that to make sure the sump didn't suck air and I put a wadded up tissue over the vent to catch any spill.

Joe
Old 02-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Nice save joe-I wonder if a real excavator could do that? I don't think so. I couldn't tell but did your bucket hit the ground as you were swinging and maybe stopped it from turning over.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:52 PM
BANNED

Nope, the bucket was still in the air. I've watched from 1:46 to 1:50 many times trying to figure out what it was that kept it from going over .... I think it was nothing but dumb luck!

What a wreck if it had gone over... that top is fiberglass and the added accessories - dual screen, air cleaners & exhaust tip are cast in resin, they would have shattered! Also, that vertical spin motor drive, could have done serious damage to that component too.

Stupid Stupid Stupid!!!

That undercarriage is all 5mm steel and is more than half the weight of the entire model.

Joe
Old 02-19-2014, 05:32 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

I've had this happen a few of times in my cat 307 . What happens , is if the surface is uneven under the tracks 1 side will be in the air . As you swing to the side in the air it'll give a sharp jolt as seen in the vid . Watch the track frame as you swing closely , it took me a few times to see it . It raises your hair a lil when it happens .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:17 PM
BANNED

I got my 1st fancy phone Jan 23rd & this morning it was dead! Trip 75miles to the city to exchange it - IPhone5s. I don't have internet without it...

I think you're onto something there Stevie ... though it wasn't a high spot in the track, I purposely spun the tracks @0:45 to get rid of any stones or lumps so the tracks were flat footed & it wouldn't teeter. It was @1:25 when I turned to the left a bit - raising the right track an inch or so up the slope that caused it to slide a bit during the swing... had I turned right it may not have move. Although it's still fluke it didn't tip right over.

Joe
Old 02-20-2014, 09:09 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

I didn't mean in the track but the ground under . you got a lot of weight on the undercarriage + a long track frame . either way its hairy

I use to do a bunch of utility trenching on short steep front lots so glad all that work went away with the housing market .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Joe, sorry to hear the phone went south, I have to keep mine in an Otter Box type case to keep it alive. Battery life always sucks with poor cell site coverage.
Cheer's, Neil.