RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 02-12-2014, 10:44 AM

Bg416 is on a distinguished road
Default Sluggish hydraulics

I'm running the MAGOM HRC hydraulic system and I filled it they way they told me. Close all cylinders and open them keeping the tank full. When I'm using the arms and bucket it seems to have some power but it's very slow and the main boom will not fully lift. I may have air in the system. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated and my machine can finally get to work.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:09 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Sluggish hydraulics

I'm not familiar with those systems, but what I do know is there is a particular antifreeze you must use... is it RV antifreeze?

The additives in a coolant antifreeze would gum up the system?

Joe
Old 02-12-2014, 08:33 PM

K-Man is on a distinguished road

Hi Bg416,
is the the electronic speed control making the motor spin as fast as it should? I had a similar problem with the Magom Hydro system and found out that the slave channel that I was using for the pump was not sending the right signal to the ESC (probably 70%) of what the master channel was doing and was not as quickly or as powerful as I expected. Once I corrected that, the motor was spinning faster and the pump was putting more pressure to the cylinders. The Pump does gets very hot if run contentiously for a while.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:11 PM

Bg416 is on a distinguished road

I was told to use any antifreeze and the motor sounds like its running at full power
Old 02-17-2014, 09:58 AM
Journeyman

cosworth34677 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bg416 View Post
I was told to use any antifreeze and the motor sounds like its running at full power
hi i have found with the hrc stuff they are really big on the servo's being set upt just right. i had sluggish running gear for a while. and found that this was the problem, also little giant is right it dose any but, the kit i got seems to work better with a 70% -20% water mix. it seem to bee just thin enought let the hydraulics move free, but slick enough to lub up everything. staight antifreeze beside being nasty to clean up seem to run the pump really hot(it dose anyway)and get sluggish after while.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:30 AM

daddycool75 is on a distinguished road

Hi just as cosworth said make sure your servos are set at the right point and the valve block as well, the screws on the block should be at the top looking down on the block.
Set the servo arms to suite.