RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 03-30-2015, 08:19 PM
Journeyman

cosworth34677 is on a distinguished road
Default gear motor for dozer?

looking for good powerfull gear motors for a dozer. i going to be making a custom dozer and this part one in the build
Old 04-04-2015, 12:47 PM

K-Man is on a distinguished road
Default Re: gear motor for dozer?

This might be worth a look if you trying not to spend a lot of money. Plus I believe they will ship it for free to the US.

http://www.dx.com/p/gm58gw-precision...3#.VSAUifBBm8A

I've bought from this vendor before (although not this specific motor) and they have good deals on geared motors.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:43 PM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road

What size is it going to be? if its a large model use windshield wiper motors. They are powerful and 15.00 typically a junk yard.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:00 PM
Journeyman

cosworth34677 is on a distinguished road

not very big. kind of a small-mid to a mid sized dozer.not one of the monsters with the high drive wheels and all.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:43 PM

calm n sedated is on a distinguished road

I had mine custom made cost about $350 but they fit perfect in a small compact space and have killer amounts of torque. Most precision boxes that will output good torque are gonna be expensive. Did you try robotmarket place, they have some good gearmotor but size becomes an issue for the heavy duty one with good torque. could always get a nice box and add a brushless set up. My dozer is 1/14 but is around 45 lbs
Old 04-07-2015, 03:50 AM

Jaden is on a distinguished road

Andymark.com has Cim motors you can have up to three per final drive in one gearbox which they also sell if you have the room. They are 1/2 HP each. Won't get much run time for batteries but should really plow nice if you've got enough weight.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:07 AM

dozerbuilder is on a distinguished road

There's a stack of wiper and actuator motors here that I came across in my prelim search for track drive motors. http://store.amequipment.com/.

They have a engineering drawing of each each, showing the dims and output etc etc. They also have LH and RH drives which overcomes the problem of reversing the polarity in one in same-drive side pair, given the (possible) difference in speed in reverse speed of one vs forward speed of the other. I:e, I saw on the net a guy who did that and one ran at 50rpm reversed while the other ran at 60rpm forward. Of course these could be bought anywhere, I just found engineering drawings and dims real handy in working out room in the frame.

Last edited by dozerbuilder; 04-24-2015 at 06:09 AM. Reason: spell