RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2022, 09:58 AM

DRW96 is on a distinguished road
Default Looking to get an excavator

Hello, this is my first post here.

I have been interested in RC construction for years, especially excavators. I'd like to finally look into getting an excavator, but I wanted to check to see what is recommended. I've done some research and found a few options, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Currently I'm looking at the Lesu excavators, either the Cat 374 or the Komatsu PC360. I generally prefer a Komatsu excavator for their looks, but I much prefer the Cat 374's larger size.

I also found that Fumotec makes a Komatsu PC490, but it doesn't seem to be much larger than the PC360 by Lesu, and it also costs a bit more.

My goals here are to have a usable excavator. I want something that can actually work. I also want it to look "scale" and realistic. I also much prefer a kit, as that will be a large part of the excitement for me. My budget is 5000 for a kit.

Are there any other recommended brands? Are the Lesu excavators of pretty good quality/reliability? Does anyone make a Komatsu in a similar size/weight to the Lesu Cat 374?

Thanks for your help!