RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 01-13-2011, 09:00 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Yeah, I was gonna try a ripper on the 850. With the 80lbs weight & high working pressure, it might be effective... though this heavy clay sub soil is very hard.

I've given thought to a grinding head too, but trying to find a suitable electric motor with enough power, proper rpm and not too large in size has been difficult. I'd like to build a "terrain leveler" or "asphalt reclaimer" with a 3" dia drum. I was thinking I could ardox nails for replaceable teeth.

Damitz's hyd motor turns very slow, and extreme heat in the hyd oil system could be a problem. Chances of obtaining any parts from Damitz is very remote too; Lou, Greg & I have been waiting 3yrs this June for an order of a half dozen hyd pumps.

Justin, the short wheelbase 6wd white Globe has the most miles on it, it's the most diverse pulling 3 different trls: end dump, belly dump & lowboy. I could by with just that trk.

I've talk myself into finally building a decent sized garage this summer, a properly heated work area so I have somewhere to work during the winter with bigger better metal working tools. Bigger mill, lathe, chop saw, mig... build bigger better models in the future. It'll be great to have a heated room to thaw out my quad everyday too, as it gets full of frozen mud & ice during spring calving, can't be without that machine - not even for one day!
Old 01-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

3 YEARS!! no way id let it go past 3 months!

Also, yay on a nice big garage :P make sure to have a nice sized area to start a model trucking club :P
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

I just ordered some valves and cylinders last week From TTM Function who get them from Leimbach and they will be shipped next week. Ed
Old 01-13-2011, 10:27 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff View Post
3 YEARS!! no way id let it go past 3 months!
Also, yay on a nice big garage :P make sure to have a nice sized area to start a model trucking club :P
We didn't pay anything, just requested the order.

Lots of room for a model trucking club..... of one.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

LOL "of one" you know your gonna want to set up something like them germans have :P
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:34 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

CONGRATS Joe
I think that is great you are going to build a big garage. I have drawings that I made up for a bigger garage, still waiting for the big Lotto win before the ground breaking ceremony. It seems that they can never be big enough. It would be great to have a heated indoor construction area to run equipment in the winter months. Some clubs in Europe have sweet indoor area's.
Keep us posted on the GRAND OPENING DATE !

greg
Old 01-15-2011, 11:29 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Hey joe check this vid out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCHzZjlbSI&feature=sub
Kevin and scott got mentioned as well
Old 01-15-2011, 11:58 PM
BANNED

Yeah, I'm a subscriber too, thanx Lou. And congrats to Kevin & Scott as well.

Did you notice that rebeljordan23 ripped off Kevin's videos for his channel uploads?

That boat in the snow??!!! That was KOOL!!! We just 6" of powder overnite, primetime for boating... who would've thunk it??!!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 12:20 AM
Journeyman

Its pretty amazing what some guys think up lol." Snow Boat" I posted a reply about rebeljordan23 not being the rightfull owner of the vid..well see if Bill will do some editing with the vid.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:44 AM
Journeyman

Joe I have had a few people use some of my vids on their utube channel but the always linked to my channel when watched ..This guy has blatently burned and reupload to his own channel...I was just reading the coyright link http://www.youtube.com/t/copyright_notice and looks like rules were broken if Kevin wants to pursue it.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

atleast he cant get any money out of it.
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 01-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post

Rctech9, yes I do. No it's not for sale.
Have you made any modifications to your loader? You typically run your equipment quite hard, and I'm a bit surprised if it's still all original.

Construction site on Facebook:

Pictures on Instagram:
Old 01-16-2011, 12:59 PM
BANNED

I came across an individual a yr or so ago trying to copy my vids as his own, I sent him a nasty PM & alerted yt team for copy right infringement. The perp removed the vids from his channel before yt team intervened.

It's all original Emil.

What you see of it in the videos is how I use it, on a wood surface mostly. I never turn it sharp in the dirt, so the track chain never gets clogged/binding with dirt.

The only mod I have done to this looader has been loader arm extensions, added about 20mm so I could load my Tamiya trks. The extensions are not currently on the tl.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:46 AM
BANNED

It's a good thing I documented some of my basement thread on Scale4x4 cause it sure is handy for a Record of Repairs.

July 09 was the last time I broke this driveshaft... sure is good to have 6wd in this trk, I was loaded half way up to the crusher when it was just the front axle pulling... well actually holding the trk/trl ----> NO RUN AWAY REVERSE CRASH!!!!

During my search for the last new driveshaft I stumbled across when the Stahl adt went into service, Feb, 10... didn't quite make it a yr before coming back to the workbench for repairs, but it sure lasted a **** of alot longer than that piece of **** JUNK wedico 740!

Something wrong with the drive motor on the front axle, left side... I think it may have burnt out. The hyd pump has been leaking a little bit since new & dripping oil atop this motor. Leimbach's pump doesn't have a seal on the drive input shaft, relying solely on tight tolerances to keep the oil in. I've had a couple of pumps fail this way over the yrs.

A couple of teaser pics of my new basement bruiser.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

AH HA! it lives!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 01-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

That is a fine looking excavator Joe, keep the build photo's coming. As far as Liembach pumps, I know a fella who can put new seals ( 3 ) in those pumps and they no longer leak oil. I believe the total cost is $60. Sure beats the cost of buying a new one...

greg
Old 01-24-2011, 03:35 AM
BANNED

Good info Greg and great to hear the problem solver is a fellow countryman.

I've been tinkering with the 850 and making good headway till I discovered a missing part. I also realized that the mechanical quick change for the bucket is an option, not part of the kit... my damage credit will cover that.

Reading Kalle's thread on Scale, he's burning thru a 6000mAh Lipo in about 25-30 minutes, a pretty power hungry model! I want to be able to power up my model with an outside power source, like a car battery, but the "endless" spin only has two paired terminals for the track motors.

So I ran three paired wires out the front of the bridge (idler wheels side).

Plug in this way, the tracks run on two different chs & the power comes from within the model.

Plug in this way, both tracks are the same ch & I connect to outside power source. The paired wires within the model will be disconnected from the esc, then plugged into the main switch. When I want to turn, use the arm to lift the front of tracks & activate the swing.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:56 AM
BANNED

Well, felt like playing mechanic & I dug into the insides of the adt to retrieve the bad motor. Before cutting it loose from the wiring, I check to make sure that it was indeed getting power with a volt meter -> yep, motor is toast!

What a bugger fishing that out! Had to bend the metal cab to make room, likely be a great deal of aggravation getting the holes to line up again. :crazy: Only a few mm between the two motors, very tight area down there.

Now to find a replacement motor. What it says:

RS-385SH
RD445522
CHINA

Got an email from Vario Germany a few minutes ago that the parts on their way already, great service!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Lol "china" there's your problem :P

prob gonna have to replace it with an identical motor to keep everything the same with the other motors.
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
Old 01-24-2011, 07:16 PM
Journeyman

http://www.surplussales.com/motors/motors-3.html
Hey Joe you probably found something already but i did find this..I was also reading that they are used in hair dryers also