RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 08-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M construction open for bizz nizz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
Very impressive Mario, enjoyed watching it all.
I love the sound of the dump truck, is it a build or can ya buy one complete if you don`t mind me asking.
Thanks for sharing
Thanks bud.
The dump truck was built from spare parts and from all over the world. Sound system is servonaut I got from a guy in Spain . The light unit is from Checz republic, suspension parts from China, dump box from the west coast, tires from California ........
Old 08-03-2014, 10:50 AM

OldVet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Thanks bud.
The dump truck was built from spare parts and from all over the world. Sound system is servonaut I got from a guy in Spain . The light unit is from Checz republic, suspension parts from China, dump box from the west coast, tires from California ........
My oh my, thanks for filling me in on that, I probably shouldn`t even be asking as a beginner .
Everyone here has some great set-ups.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:18 AM

headers is on a distinguished road

Very nice job your doing keep it up and enjoy the hard work
Old 08-04-2014, 05:12 AM
Green Horn

crisis time is on a distinguished road

Great work so far Mario keep it up
Love the excavator
Old 08-04-2014, 08:32 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Love it that you state operator comforts (seating to go along with dock!!). My wife kept asking why it was so important to have a level spot for a chair!! Then she saw one day and now I'm the lazy one!!! Lol!! I have had the screws on the excavator arm keep coming loose, the ones that hold the end of arm cylinder and the pivot screws on the arm, and bucket bolts too, kinda a bad design as if you tighten them too much you can't get it apart at a later time,, just a heads up to check and keep ya from having to shut down production to bring in the metal detecting team for lost parts!!
Old 08-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks for the heads up on the screws Ralph. I've been keeping an eye on them since you first mentioned it. No issues yet. I wonder if your missing a spacer or washer that keeps the bolts from turning during boom and stick movement ?

So hear is the fruit of my long weekend labour. The weather did not go to plan yesterday so it's not complete yet. Still have the skirting to install and a bunch of details like railings and safety tape.
Like I said, plenty of room for good seating and view from all areas!

If your diggin in the pit and just a hoe operator, THIS is the best seat in the house!

Truckers can sit on this side!

I'll let everyone in on a little secret... If you ever come play in my park, this is the best seats in the house. You can dig,load and haul from the pit to the stock pile area without moving at all.

I found a better location for the chicken coop. It's on the only road out of town, no way around it , and close to the gravel pit which seems appropriate.

And the next dock location ....

The best part of all this is the handy shed deep in the backyard. All my loading dock stuff , pallets, racks, cargo...etc can be stored in the shed close at hand and not have to haul it out from the basement everytime!

Can't say I have a plan but I love how things fall into place as you go.

The one thing my zone is missing is a change in elevation. Everything is too flat right now. Once the 12X20 tarp garage is gone, I want to bring in a couple yards of dirt and build up that whole back corner into another work area about 3ft from ground level.???

Anyway, that's next year! Thanks for looking

Mario
Old 08-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Wow!! Only thing I see for improvement is having the cooler next to one of those chairs or the wood stove I see!!! Lol!!! Where else can anyone drink and drive or operate heavy equipment under the influence!!! And still be completely legal doing so!!.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:26 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Looking pretty good Mario.

Do you have much for blood sucking bugs around there?

You're gonna have to get busy building a crusher & screening plant this winter so you can gravel your roads next yr.

Joe
Old 08-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Looking pretty good Mario.

Do you have much for blood sucking bugs around there?

You're gonna have to get busy building a crusher & screening plant this winter so you can gravel your roads next yr.
Thanks Joe. We got LOTS of blood suckers this year with all the rain and a late spring. Last month was unbearable, had to wear long sleeve shirts and I bought one of those head net or mesh you cover your head with from princess auto. Without it I was done before the battery
As always August is better. Less mosquitoes and no need to bundle up anymore.

You read my mind on the crush and screen plant. I wanted to get started right away but keep reminding myself summer is for play, winter is build!
I'm starting to gather materials and figure out how and where it's gonna go for now.

Mario
Old 08-07-2014, 05:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I've been staring and drooling at pics of Lou's screening plant of course
Obviously not something built in a few days so it's a winter project for sure.

In the meantime, I had a eureka moment and thought of a cheap, simple and effective way to screen material! I remembered one of Joes older videos that had a simple screening deck that was struck by a cam on a motor!

With that type of set up in mind I did some more work on the stock pile area. The pegs are to give an idea of screen location and the conveyor will collect and pile the clean as the larger stuff can go directly into a dump truck or be pushed away and piled by the dozer.......

Anyway, pictures

What I like the most about this set up is I'll be able to grab the material with the loader and run it through the screen right away or stock pile it for the excavator to go through later.

Yup! ...I'm a RC backyard addict!

Mario
Old 08-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I hear ya on the screening stuff!! When I started the pond project I left a lot of the river pebbles in the dirt, unknowingly I gave myself a reason for future screening plant and more work!!
Old 08-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
I hear ya on the screening stuff!! When I started the pond project I left a lot of the river pebbles in the dirt, unknowingly I gave myself a reason for future screening plant and more work!!
You hit the nail on the head Ralph. That is the difference between Rc trucks and RC equipment! Moving dirt and digging holes is great compared to just driving rigs around. Don't get me wrong, I love our trucks and with a loading dock, it's a lot of fun hauling cargo around. At the end of the day, you don't see what you did, unlike digging or pushing dirt. After a couple hours I can SEE what I accomplished and makes you want to do more!

For those who haven't tried the equipment side of RC..... Beware! You think trucks are addictive?......you ain't seen nothin yet!

Mario
Old 08-08-2014, 11:52 AM

Actros4160 is on a distinguished road

Very nice I like that. get the equipment to work and not you.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actros4160 View Post
Very nice I like that. get the equipment to work and not you.
Thanks and exactly. It already takes a lot of work to create the area.

Mario
Old 08-12-2014, 09:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Screening plant project update!!!!!

For the last couple weeks I been thinking about a screening plant. Trying to think of what to use for a screen that I have around the house or can be found locally. No online orders for this build!

Well I had another eureka moment at work today.

Waiting for the next scoop to show up for rebuild so I was helping a co worker finish a service on a loader. As I pulled the air filter out to change it.....it hit me! The outer cage of the filter is metal mesh!

After a trip to the garbage bin to find another filter and a damaged pre cleaner screen I now have 3 different grades of screen for my plant
So 3 screens to build , one structure........

Here's my drawing I'm working with .....

The deck will shake using this motor from the air seat compressor which came from the pothauler rebuild. Another item from the scrap bin.

Comes with plastic mounting bracket and I can secure the existing piston onto crank and use as the deck striker.

Only real cash I need to spend is on structural materials. I can get mild steel angle iron, flat bar etc for dirt cheap or a quick trip to homedepot and I can go aluminum 1/2 " angle 1/8 thick , flat bar etc, for less than a case of beer.
No online order and waiting crap and shipping fees..
I like this backyard building stuff !
Old 08-12-2014, 11:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I was thinking of a similar idea. For what I'm thinking of doing I too am towards the vibrating shaker deck. I too am looking around the barn for things to use. Since I got into this part of r/c I now look at almost everything we have laying around and scrap as some potential use for the 1:14 scale construction site!! I found some metal wire closet shelving (ya know that white epoxy covered rack) it's 2" deep and pretty close spacing. Also a good bit of stretched metal. I'll be following your progress and hopefully get under way soon!! Are you going to have the racks spring mounted?
Old 08-13-2014, 01:02 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I'm also planning something similar. I was sitting around earlier tonight trying to think about how to easily build a crankshaft to shake the deck. Mario, I think you are onto something there and I believe I have a small compressor somewhere with a rotted hose(I know..hoarder). I will be looking for it tomorrow to see if it looks like that! If it does I'm gonna steal your idea before you can patent it!

I love this forum!

Reg
Old 08-25-2014, 09:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I got the dozer built and running so time to move on to the screening deck project.... Basic framework is up. Now to build screen decks and mount the motor.

Using this hinge and the studs to place different size screens easily

Still got a week of vacation left! Time to get at it!

Mario
Old 08-25-2014, 10:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Looks good, don't build too fast, cus I haven't got materials gathered!!!!
Old 08-25-2014, 10:48 PM
Journeyman

flatdeck is an unknown quantity at this point

Mario I want to come up and play....