RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members A place to introduce yourself to the membership.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:34 PM

dpeterson is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from Michigan

Hi,

I was introduced to this forum from a farm toy forum. They were highliting the fellow digging out his basement. I have to say, the RC models you folks are working with are pretty realistic.

I was wondering as I was watching several of your youtube videos, is if you can run each piece of equipment on different frequencies so you could run an entire construction site at one time. Each operator at different stations. I was watching a couple of videos...forgive me I can't remember who...but there was a screener, loader, excavator, trucks and bulldozers working together. I was thinking I have two boys that are into this stuff...not quite the scale that you are depicting, but similar.

I was also thinking of what could be done in the farm modeling world. I am used to working with smaller scales and building displays, but have been tinkering with the idea of making the machines move on the displays. Not sure where to look for information or ideas. Judging by the excavators and loaders I have seen...I think it could be feasible to put together a tractor that would work with a disk or plow. It would be completely scratch built...the machinery I am sure. I think I could modify a tractor fit an engine.

Just some thoughts...random I know but this forum has opened my eyes to a whole different side to this hobby.

Doug
Old 01-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hello from Michigan

Hi Doug,

Welcome to the forum. You will find ideas on most anything you might want to do here. Read through this section of the forum for farm equipment builds and ideas. Happy building!
http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...splay.php?f=10
Old 01-14-2013, 01:06 AM
Apprentice

Mama Sue is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum, and your newest addiction... Happy building, happy playing
Old 01-14-2013, 05:59 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I guess that would be me you're referring to

With today's sophisticated 2.4gHz computer radios (my brand of choice is Spektrum) I could run up to 30 models on one radio and yes they could be all on at once, but only one operational at a time, the others would just sit there & do nothing - not even a glitch.

The dozen or so different models are split up into 4 different radios,DX6, DX7, DX8 & DX18. Mainly so, when a radio runs out of charge, park that model associated with it & use a different trk or constr equip with a different radio to work at something else.

Thanx for your interest and welcome to the forum.

You have my curiosity, what farm toy forum is it you came from?

Joe
Old 01-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Welcome aboard!
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:06 PM

dpeterson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I guess that would be me you're referring to

With today's sophisticated 2.4gHz computer radios (my brand of choice is Spektrum) I could run up to 30 models on one radio and yes they could be all on at once, but only one operational at a time, the others would just sit there & do nothing - not even a glitch.

The dozen or so different models are split up into 4 different radios,DX6, DX7, DX8 & DX18. Mainly so, when a radio runs out of charge, park that model associated with it & use a different trk or constr equip with a different radio to work at something else.

Thanx for your interest and welcome to the forum.

You have my curiosity, what farm toy forum is it you came from?
Yes...piratefarmtoys they are on a proboards forum. But since coming here, I have been watching youtube videos from other people other than yours. I also introduced what you are doing to a friend of mine. I think both of us are hooked, just have to find time to make it all happen.

He and I have been scouring the web for ideas of how to build motors and gears to do something different with the farm equipment. The video on youtube that has an operational manure tanker is really of interest to both of us.

So thanks to you for initiating interest in radio controlled models to a couple of newbies.

By the way, thanks for the welcome. I am sure I will have more questions as we go along...I see that I have much reading to catch up and some research before I take the inevitable plunge. I have been thinking of a construction crew that would build buildings...that might take some tinkering and thinking.

Doug
Old 01-23-2013, 12:45 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Having another like-minded individual to work closely with is a definite plus! You'll motivate each other working on different projects together.

My good friends Greg & Lou on the west coast, they found each other (living in the same area) thru my yahoo group several yrs ago & have since cranked out some impressive selfmade constr models.. and now a third hobbyist has recently joined in the fun & the three of them are building up quite a fleet! and attending various shows together... how I envy them.

A site of interest to you perhaps to get you started with your farm equip fleet
http://www.servocity.com/index.html

And for sure, post up your builds, lots of resourceful ppl here willing to help out a fellow hobbyist.

Joe
Old 03-25-2014, 07:42 AM

JAKEBRAKE is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum, the guys on here are great for answering questions. I am also from Michigan, if you would like to see the models in action you are more than welcome to visit one of our club meets.