RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 02-19-2014, 08:09 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Hydro seals

Hey guys, I'm gathering parts for a build with hydraulics. I'm planning on making my own cylinders and shafts. My question is where are you guys getting these small hydro seals and maybe wipers ? I know of McMaster Carr, what other sources ? Thanks.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:38 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hydro seals

I go to a regular hydraulic repair shop and get seals and wipers. I generally bring what I am working on and the counter guy is very helpful and usually makes some very useful suggestions or knows just what I kneed and doesn't need a computer or a catalog to find the parts. Ed
Old 02-20-2014, 02:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I may have to go that rout. I just hate when they ask what's it for and when I reply for a toy,model then it's like my money isn't as good. All the places I've been finding on net are more of company's that don't really have online catalogues or online ordering. I like to look at stuff and buy one or two to see if they are what I can use before I buy more. And trying to find seals for under $15 has been a challenge. I would think somewhere there is a place to get 1/4" or close simple shaft seals for around $5 just can't find where.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

My excavator uses two O rings as a seal on the piston and for the shaft seals. They are just good quality rubber and are standing up well at 32bar. Only minor weeping after almost two years of intermittent use. I'm not saying that it's as good as a proper seal but it does work.

Reg
Old 02-20-2014, 03:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

That is a problem with trying to find a place were to buy seals. The first thing if they ash what it for and you show and the start looking in a book walk out they do not know what they are doing. The place I go the guy knows me now and like the seals on the valve I just showed him said I know what you want , and he walked to a shelf and came back with some how many do you want. Another time I had a cylinder and I wanted a wiper and a O ring to fit in the groove. He walked away and came back with just what I wanted. That the kind of place you want to go to but today they are far and few between. Good luck on your search. Ed
Old 02-20-2014, 04:28 PM

Mopar250 is on a distinguished road

What kind of tubing is eveyone using for the cylinders.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:04 PM

daddycool75 is on a distinguished road

I've found these parts for your hydro,

http://www.magomhrc.com/en/38-hydraulic-cylinders

Hope this is what your looking for.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yes that does help, I would however still like to find a stateside supplier. I know McMaster-Carr has some. Any others?
Old 02-22-2014, 10:23 AM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

Try www.theoringstore.com. I have not used them yet but have talked with them. Seem to have a very wide variety of seals and packings in small sizes, plus o-rings.

Ken
Old 02-22-2014, 03:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkycuda View Post
Try www.theoringstore.com. I have not used them yet but have talked with them. Seem to have a very wide variety of seals and packings in small sizes, plus o-rings.

Ken
Ahhhhhh, perfect, stocked, stateside, and cheep!!!!!! Thank you very much. Now I can order multiple sizes as I don't know what I'm doing and it wouldn't hurt the $$ much at $.50~1.50 per seal!!!!!! Thanks!!!