RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 07-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Journeyman

cosworth34677 is on a distinguished road
Default i need help!

ok im about done with turn tables. i hate trying to make them and make something fit! and when i do it work for a while the boom breaks or skips!!

anyway i need something that will fit around this slew ring and use the setup i got here. maybe fit around the the one bruder i made? im going to put a metal frame in excavator when i go on vacation, but for now i just need a easy fix. try not to show me anything that will cost lost of money as i am on a budget and can't spend hundreds of dollars on stuff. as always thanks for the help

Old 09-03-2013, 05:00 PM

rson123 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: i need help!

So glad I came across your post cosworth34677 as I'm dealing with exactly the same situation and cannot find a low-cost solution. Lots of choices between $100-$300 bucks, but I'm looking for something under $30 bucks, if that!

I'm in the build process of my Bruder CAT Excavator conversion now, but having the same issue with the slew. My turntable comes apart after 3-4 rotations.

I noticed this post is over a month old, so please post a solution, if you found one. Otherwise, I will continue to watch this thread for possible work-arounds like the one I found here for 10 bucks...

I just purchased a BMX Gyro off Ebay per this build... maybe it will work?

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=72245
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Slew_Ring2.jpg (30.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg BMX_Gyro.JPG (40.8 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by rson123; 09-03-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:44 PM

daddycool75 is on a distinguished road

Would this help you?

http://www.magomhrc.com/en/cat-320/1...structure.html
Old 09-03-2013, 06:22 PM

Thanks daddycool75, I'm not sure? I thought I clicked on every option from MagonHRC, but obviously missed this one, so thanks for link.

Any idea how to setup the slew servo with this option? I cannot see how it's mounted and not sure my pinion will line up to the spur gear?
Old 09-03-2013, 07:02 PM

After further inspection, may have answered my own question as to how it's powered... appears the slew servo is mounted top-side with pinion gear matching up to the gyro. I guess that means the gyro has some kind of spur gear inside it?

I sent MagomHRC an email too and they're very responsive. I'll post their response in case someone else is facing the same issue...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gyro_Servo_Mount.JPG (37.5 KB, 23 views)
Old 09-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Journeyman

cosworth34677 is on a distinguished road

ok been a while but thanx for all the input.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:28 PM

Old Guy is on a distinguished road

The way I build the turntable I machine to round plates 1 3/8" thick the other 1/4". On the bottom one I machine a groove that holds a #35 chain I make sure that the groove is the right depth to allow the chain to meet just right inserting 2 pins into the ends through the plate leaving normal chain gap. Now I machine a radius groove on the top of plate 1 and bottom of plate 2 to hold balls from bearings. next I insert a shoulder bolt in the center taping threads in the bottom. With the chain in place I now mounted a low speed DC motor with proper gear for chain on one side, works great.

Earl