RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 02-24-2014, 02:21 PM
Green Horn

FlyingBeagle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Which hyd excavator pump/setup for a newbie

If I was converting a bruder I would probably buy one of these kits. Even knowing that I was going to move up to a better piece of equipment someday, I would just plan to sell my converted excavator and recover some of my original investment. I personally dont have any experience with these systems, but I know there are a number of folks on the forums that have had these systems and as far as I can recall they have been relatively happy with them. Obviously it is no premacon or vario setup, but from what I understand they are not junk either.

http://www.magomhrc.com/en/cat-320/2...kit-for-x.html

Its an option worth looking in to.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:28 PM

Mike205 is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys for the benefit of your experience and advice.

I suppose if I were being sensible i think I should start with a Bruder cat 320 as it would mean starting with the more reasonably priced hyd set-up and base model and also it being easier to source the metal upgrade parts and would be a fairly quick build and then I could see just how much I will like hydraulic models.

On the flip side however, and there just always has to be one, if I were to build a model slightly bigger than the bruder to accommodate some Premacon hydraulics, I would be avoiding the need to source another whole set of expensive hydraulics if I feel the urge to build a bit bigger. However myself not being a skilled craftsmen such as some of you guys clearly are, I would find it harder/longer and more expensive to build or source quality metal parts.

At the moment I only feel the need to have a desktop type environment for my models as that is the way I like to view them at work as opposed to looking down over them. So I really shouldn't need a big machine, however the bigger the machine the better as they look more realistic, and nicer I think to see working.

One day I will have it in my mind to buy Leimbachs Bruder cat complete conversion kit in which the brushed motor takes it to around 10 bar for around €930 if I wanted more > 16 bar I would have to invest another €200 on top of that .

The next day i'm thinking Premacons individual bits with a brushless motor as standard and upto 45 bar or so potential.

If only there was a small motor-pump set-up with upto say 22 bar that would be ideal, but to my limited knowledge I have yet to find one.

With regards to the Magom hrc kit, the only thing that puts me off their kit is the sound of their pump or motor, don't know which part is making quite a loud noise, judging from what I have seen on YouTube.
I personally don't mind paying double or more for a quieter setup, but that's just my opinion.

My dilemma at the moment reminds me of the problem I had when choosing an electric helicopter, do I go for the 450 size (cheap parts when you crash), or the 500 size (more expensive parts, but it's bigger size means more stability so less likely to crash) in theory. Ended up buying both in the end.

Decisions, decisions......

P.s does anybody know what ml pump is included with the Leimbach bruder conversion kit ie 200, 380, or 450. ( I e-mailed them but they responded "it's a complete kit") ?
Anybody bought their conversion kit, if so could you post and let me know what you thought of it,
Thanks again guys.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:34 PM
Journeyman

cosworth34677 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike205 View Post
Thanks guys for the benefit of your experience and advice.

I suppose if I were being sensible i think I should start with a Bruder cat 320 as it would mean starting with the more reasonably priced hyd set-up and base model and also it being easier to source the metal upgrade parts and would be a fairly quick build and then I could see just how much I will like hydraulic models.

On the flip side however, and there just always has to be one, if I were to build a model slightly bigger than the bruder to accommodate some Premacon hydraulics, I would be avoiding the need to source another whole set of expensive hydraulics if I feel the urge to build a bit bigger. However myself not being a skilled craftsmen such as some of you guys clearly are, I would find it harder/longer and more expensive to build or source quality metal parts.

At the moment I only feel the need to have a desktop type environment for my models as that is the way I like to view them at work as opposed to looking down over them. So I really shouldn't need a big machine, however the bigger the machine the better as they look more realistic, and nicer I think to see working.

One day I will have it in my mind to buy Leimbachs Bruder cat complete conversion kit in which the brushed motor takes it to around 10 bar for around €930 if I wanted more > 16 bar I would have to invest another €200 on top of that .

The next day i'm thinking Premacons individual bits with a brushless motor as standard and upto 45 bar or so potential.

With regards to the Magom hrc kit, the only thing that puts me off their kit is the sound of their pump or motor, don't know which part is making quite a loud noise, judging from what I have seen on YouTube.
I personally don't mind paying double or more for a quieter setup, but that's just my opinion.

Thanks again guys.
i think its the motor and what you put it in, i use there pump in my dump truck
tipper trailer and excavator. and the two dumpers are not to loud they are no louder then the truck pulling/ or driving them. but the excavator!!! that thing is pretty loud. so i think its all the plastic that acts like a drum