RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks

Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks This forum is for those multiple axle trucks and other vehicles on and off road.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2016, 06:07 AM

Doggy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Project 8x8

Hi guys, sorry for late update. I had a ton of other things to do. I had some problems with my 3d printer, so had to replace some parts and calibrate it all over again. I mounted the cab on the truck and fitted tamiya gearbox with motor under it. That gearbox is really too big for scale look so I will have to make smaller one for the new truck.

Update on this build, I decided that this will be finished like this, I hope to make it run in next few days. I bought Tamiya Man tgx tractor and got a bit dissapointed when I compared the bruder cab with tamiya. Bruder is a bit smaller, and from when I was a kid, i never liked mixing scales, so on the next truck I am moving on a 1/14 scale. Bruder is great in detail, much better looking than tamiya, but size matters. As I allready bought 2 bruder trucks, I guess I will make 2 chassis for them, and then go to 1/14, and put bruders up for sale as I dont have enough space in my apartment allready.

Big update is, 8x8 1/14 truck is my masters work for college now, so I will have to work on it fast, and finish it in next 3 months. It will be based on this design,but 3d print will be replaced with laser cut steel, frame will also be steel,axles cnc aluminum. I will try to go as scale as possible in this short period that I can. The thing I will use 3D printer this time will be the cab, as I dont wont to use bought cab for my masters work. In the last month I started learning 3D design in solidworks, so this is what I came up with for now. Anyone knows what it is?