RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2010, 09:32 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up 2 IH 433 payscrapers (ps433-2 moves)

I do not quite remember all of the beginning so I'll give some pics w/a narrative . I decided to try to build (what I have seen thus far) what has not been done . so far it is a great success
the scaling of pics and design and pattern making , starts with a parts book and some general knowledge of compacity range as it's difficult to acquire data for these old machines . all motor scrapers have a basic shape and size according to bowl compacity . So I figured out the comparable machine in another bran such as a cat 637 to get the general dimensions . basically using the tire size to finesse the design

the patterns

the 5th wheel

the cut plates waiting to be welded

the next few pics are of the assembly . now scrapers are heavy so are these by design the round at the goose neck is a 12000# front axle king pin
the bowl assembly

the goose neck

5th wheel and goose neck

some cab and sheet metal

grill

drive train HPI savage diffs anhime automation gear motors tried as a single speed great for loading but slow as **** for travel so playing with traxxas e-maxx 2 speed manual trans

running out off room
to be continued