RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Cool Project "Black Tie" Peterbilt

Well this truck has been in the makings for quite a few months now, going on almost a year since the first stage of design came to mind. I was aiming for a show style rig that is still functional and fully operational with lots of class. I love the color black on rigs with lots of chrome but I decided to keep it kinda evened out on this project so that everything flowed together smoothly.

I started out with a set of Ric's frame rails from PMD and added several goodies from some of the other vendors on here including tanks, steps, front bumper and air suspension from Russ at The Bone Yard. All body work and paint along with miter cut stacks from Jon a.k.a Stylin N Profilin. The beautiful grill on the front of this beast is from Brian and its absolutely amazing fit and looks really makes this Peterbilt come together.

Now this truck is still a ways from being done as it currently sits but it is officially a roller as of this afternoon. When all is said and done the frame will be painted, have chrome tank straps along with a chrome rear deck. It needs a new rear bumper for it and to mount the 5th wheel then all the small details such as installing the air cleaners, side badges and wiring up the other lights on the rear of the truck. The cab alone has 23 lights on it and will be getting at least 10 more on each side and possibly another ten on each side behind the air cleaners. The finished truck will have possibly close to 80-90 lights on it so it will easily be visible from anywhere it is.

Anyways enough of the small talk for now and here are some current pics of what the truck currently looks like as a roller.

Thanks for looking and hope you guys like the new truck I've built and added to the stable. I hope to have some new pics up this week with the frame painted and hopefully get the rest of parts figured out and ordered or made.

Lemme know what you guys think.

Tyler