RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 01-05-2015, 03:38 AM

dozerbuilder is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone know where to buy these grousers please?

Hi all, dozerbuilder from Australia here. I'm in the early planning stages of an RC bulldozer with semi-U and single tine ripper build in 1/16th. I wasn't actually planning to open up a build-thread just yet because it's too early - I am really early in the planning and drawings though when I get going I plan to run the entire build thread here.

I have the usual problem, grousers and track links. I have been scouring the forums and net for weeks studying the options for the track links and grousers. I'm looking at a grouser plate width of about +2" less than -2.5".

I saw these (see attached pics) on a "1 /12 crawler version KAT-2 full metal hydraulic tipper mud head engineering vehicle model" on the net. It's in Chinese and though I've been to China twice, that doesn't help with the communication via the net.

So my question is; does anyone among the learned fraternity here know if these grousers and links are available. Note they are the single bar dozer type, not 2-bar or 3-bar excavator type.

Thanks in advance,
Dozerbuilder.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:50 AM
Green Horn

apfubar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone know where to buy these grousers please?

Like this?
http://www.rcbrmin.com/excavator-112...ces-p-683.html

Cheers,
Ap
Old 01-05-2015, 04:27 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

It's the correct tracks Ap is referring to. It possible to get them for better prices than on the rcbrmin webshop, through agents in China. But the ones here at the forum who has experience with it, can speak for them self.
Tracks are 50 mm wide.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:50 AM

Thank you AP, that's exactly the ones I was referring to. I'll see if I can order a just few and see how they and the track frame drawings tie-in.

Cheers
Old 01-05-2015, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimrock View Post
It's the correct tracks Ap is referring to. It possible to get them for better prices than on the rcbrmin webshop, through agents in China. But the ones here at the forum who has experience with it, can speak for them self.
Tracks are 50 mm wide.
That's the ones alright. 50mm grouser plate width (2.00") as you say. Now to hunt them down.

Cheers.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:09 PM

j_hammer is on a distinguished road

has anyone ordered these and what are they like.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_hammer View Post
has anyone ordered these and what are they like.
j-hammer, as a result of the helpful answers here to my request for information, I ordered a dozen of the single-bar grousers (which have an attached 1-piece link arrangement) here: http://www.rcbrmin.com/excavator-112...ces-p-683.html.

I only ordered a dozen to start to assess their practicality for my proposed build and also so I could roll them around over half the circumference of a sprocket or front idler to check the pitch.

So I'll be happy to report back when I get them. Said to be 9 days by air from China to AUS so assuming all goes well.

Then I'll decide if I'll use roller #80 offset roller chain joiner links and spot-welded custom stamped plates or the ones I ordered.
Cheers

Last edited by dozerbuilder; 01-05-2015 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbuilder View Post
j-hammer, as a result of the helpful answers here to my request for information, I ordered a dozen of the single-bar grousers (which have an attached 1-piece link arrangement) here: http://www.rcbrmin.com/excavator-112...ces-p-683.html.

I only ordered a dozen to start to assess their practicality for my proposed build and also so I could roll them around over half the circumference of a sprocket or front idler to check the pitch.

So I'll be happy to report back when I get them. Said to be 9 days by air from China to AUS so assuming all goes well.

Then I'll decide if I'll use roller #80 offset roller chain joiner links and spot-welded custom stamped plates or the ones I ordered.
Cheers

UPDATE.
Well I got an email from despatch at rcbrmin today to say they are shipped so I'm pretty happy with the communication and prompt service..

Cheers
Old 01-21-2015, 08:58 PM

UPDATE 2: Well, I received the grousers from RCBRMIN today and I can say I'm pretty happy with the service and product from them.

The grousers are nice work!. The plate and links are cast as one piece as can be seen in the photo. They are strong, I could not damage twist or bend one hard as I tried by hand-test destruction so they'll certainly take a pair of 12v wipers motors behind them. For me they scaled almost perfectly for my proposed build, you can see in the attached pic they match nicely on the 1/16th drawings for an 800 mm wide grouser in 1:1 = 50mm in 1/16th. I'll start a build thread if I proceed with the build, I'm overwhelmed in brain-deep 3D and 2D CAD drawings at present.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rcbrmin Grouser over plans.jpg (50.6 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg rcbrmin grousers.jpg (44.7 KB, 59 views)
Old 01-21-2015, 09:53 PM

And I forgot to mention that most important measurement of all = "pitch" it's 18mm.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:42 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

Looks good) The KAT company have designed some fine track shoes that sells for a reasonable price, which is the only products from them I recommend to spend money at.

12V viper motors? Have you checked out http://mfacomodrills.com/
Old 01-24-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimrock View Post
Looks good) The KAT company have designed some fine track shoes that sells for a reasonable price, which is the only products from them I recommend to spend money at.

12V viper motors? Have you checked out http://mfacomodrills.com/
Thanks for the link. Wiper motors have good low rpm torque, are relatively simple in design, easily mounted, easily obtained and can be speed controlled using a potentiometer or an off the shelf radio shack type pulse width modulator unit. (I'm getting a little ahead of myself here, I'm still in early drawing stage.)
Old 05-06-2015, 01:42 AM

tattootroy is on a distinguished road

any idea if these will fit to carson lr loader with out moding ?