RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:24 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 990 cat loader

First of all, Steve, that's an awesome project! I cannot wait to see this thing take shape. Beyond all the bickering going on here, I'd just like to say, nice work! I am sure no matter what you use for a drivetrain, it's going to be a great model. We all have seen your other models and what you are capable of. I don't think any of us have to worry about it being strong.

On the gearmotor drivetrains, and this question is for anyone out there, what motors do the Stahl models run? What motors do the Fumotec/Vario 50 ton dumpers run? I am sure they are larger then what Stahl has, but has anyone actually located specs and the manufacturer of them? I've been looking around for gearmotors myself. Trying to find some that are small but strong. Best I have found this side of the pond are from places like Servocity, who sells something similar to what the Germans use, but is probably not exact.

I'll stay out of the arguements going on right now, but in all honesty, I've been watching a lot of videos of machines with gearmotors and I'll just say I rarely see one stall for long, when a model pushes into a pile of dirt. Kind of like Joe says, maybe when you are using light throttle, and one wheel is a little on the light side (up in the air), it will spin before the others, but it seems once you hit half throttle they all dig.

Axles and transmissions, or gearmotors this will still be a great build.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:30 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Yes, exactly like that Freddy.

That 385 motor spins about 16 000rpm with a very high quality, high reduction gearhead, oodles of power for a twenty - thirty pound model... better than any crap from Servocity or Jameco or any other surplus motor store stateside.

It looks like Anaheim Automation may have some high quallity gh motors to pick from. What do you think of the gh motors you got for your scrapers Steve? (obviously too big to stand end to end within an aluminum axle for the loader, but quality wise?)
Old 11-18-2011, 01:52 AM
BANNED

http://www.youtube.com/user/FumotecT.../1/2Y-oxV9QBnY

Fumotec's Bell 4206 (similar to the B50 dumper) with four brushless gh's. Frank had a vid showing this prototype as is with an 80lbs (approx) girl standing on it & so he could pull a small size car on payment. Might be on vimeo.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:13 AM
Wannabe

Azonic will become famous soon enough

Here you go Joe...

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/8184830/...ersten_Zugtest
Old 11-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post

That 385 motor spins about 16 000rpm with a very high quality, high reduction gearhead, oodles of power for a twenty - thirty pound model... better than any crap from Servocity or Jameco or any other surplus motor store stateside.

It looks like Anaheim Automation may have some high quallity gh motors to pick from. What do you think of the gh motors you got for your scrapers Steve? (obviously too big to stand end to end within an aluminum axle for the loader, but quality wise?)
Joe , those motors got a ton of guts . the scraper , as it is now approches 50# or more . the issue with them is , they're too long to put end to end for an axle thus the reason going diffs . The anahime motors have a week point like DP9's winch , 1 set of plastic planet gears in the planetary . Now . on my heavey hual tractor I have 75t motors with a 4:1 reduction , it will put anything you can put on it it took out 2 stock pinion gears in the rear after awhile I'm tightening the drive shafts up ( yes the set screws have tread lock on them ) it gets old my big Mack has drive line issues I have to work out yet , but it's becoming a PITA . I can make a drive line that will out do 4 drive motors , but at what cost , maybe for myself but nothing else would get done Now from what the public is showing here is becoming the winner for the drive line . now, to surce a reliable surce for the right motors . I like what I read on the motors fumotec uses . I got to buy in bulk . I'm going to be stalled on this for a little as I got wheel blanks coming to put together soon , but maybe I can get it to a digging point for january show we're having ( I dobt it ) As for Shows here I only know of 2 that use real dirt 1 close to me that I'll beat this year and Ed's St.Louis 1 . Anyhow thanks for the coments and input

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:33 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough

Very nice work on the loader Steve. You should be able to load even dump trailers quickly with that monster.

"No load is too Small"
Old 11-18-2011, 01:10 PM
BANNED

These german models seem to have the perfect gh motors in them for smooth power & long term use, but there's never any marking on them so I don't know where they're sourcing them from. And I'm not going to ask them as it's their trade secret.

My 850 is using MFA ComoDrill motors. This is what's powering each track now (minus the right angle drive) with the 516:1 planetary head. Can't stall them.
http://www.mfacomodrills.com/gearbox...ra_series.html
Old 11-18-2011, 01:21 PM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

I know , I just got a Quote from them also I got a different surce for tires

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:57 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

Steve, you must be twins to do as much as you do. The loader looks great so far. I wish I had the time and abilities you have.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:18 PM

thanks Joe I wish I stay up past midnight on the cad and cam in the morning . but the late nights get to me some times . I've made my final decision on the driveline I would like the realisim of the tranny/ and diffs but like the pan for what we're doing and the time it'll take to make it bulit proof is not practical . If 4 gear motors will work for the pans , then they'll work for the loader . I got my quote from mfa right away , now it just waiting to get . those of you who run both liembach and jung , what do you think of them ? personally I like the design of the jung . and the stacked motor on pump will fit right in the cavity where the trany was to go leaving the whole rear behind the axles for batteries

Old 11-19-2011, 12:08 AM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Careful Guys My D8 has motors that are 400 in/oz with no problems. Picked up these to try in my next project, 500 in/oz, ServoCity http://servocity.com/html/15_rpm_pre...ear_motor.html

greg

Last edited by RCLogger; 11-19-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:17 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FumotecT.../1/2Y-oxV9QBnY

Fumotec's Bell 4206 (similar to the B50 dumper) with four brushless gh's. Frank had a vid showing this prototype as is with an 80lbs (approx) girl standing on it & so he could pull a small size car on payment. Might be on vimeo.
It looks like that bad boy has electric steering, when I built my ADT I went with electric steering and it makes the model smooth to operate, never have to wait for it to turn..
Old 11-19-2011, 12:50 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLogger View Post
Careful Guys My D8 has motors that are 400 in/oz with no problems. Picked up these to try in my next project, 500 in/oz, ServoCity http://servocity.com/html/15_rpm_pre...ear_motor.html

greg
Greg, I just received and test ran a motor I bought from Servocity today, as well. I bought the 20RPM spur gear motor (375 in/oz) and I am really impressed how smooth and quiet it runs. You really can't even tell this motor is running. Smooth as glass. I was really impressed, but I have no idea how much power 375 in/oz of torque will be. What voltage do you run on your motors? The standard seems to be 12 volts, but honestly, I test ran mine up to 18 volts and it seemed to not care one bit. It is so quiet, I was simply looking at the shaft spin, while I kept turning up the knob on the power supply I had it hooked to. When I looked to see how much voltage I was running through it, I was surprised I was well past 12 volts and the motor had no complaints!
Old 11-19-2011, 01:03 AM
Journeyman

I run 12 or if I want a little more speed I run them on 18 volts, like I said though, my D8 runs 400 in/oz on each side and it will spin before it would ever power out.. What are you going to put them in Nathan
Old 11-19-2011, 01:09 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Greg, I assumed these motors would probably be fine on up to 24 volts. They are supposed to be a 380 or 390 motor, I think? But the can is as large as any 540/550 motor I have ever seen. These are just a little shorter! Diameter seems the same.

I am really just playing around with the idea of using these. Nothing is for sure yet, but I want to build an articulated 4wd tractor. These are one of the options I am considering!
Old 11-19-2011, 04:22 PM

IDK guy's I'm going to give the MFA/commo motors a try in this , scrapers and now my mack .

Old 11-19-2011, 04:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

What exactly are MFA motors?
Old 11-19-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
What exactly are MFA motors?

quote by lil giants const.
My 850 is using MFA ComoDrill motors. This is what's powering each track now (minus the right angle drive) with the 516:1 planetary head. Can't stall them.
http://www.mfacomodrills.com/gearbox...ra_series.html

fumotec uses them in their equipment .

Old 11-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Hey, thanks Steve! I guess I missed the link from Joe. Appreciated it.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:43 PM

Got tired of moving bucket parts around a few pics and a comparison 1 behind a knight day cab on a king frame . I don't drink sada so no soda cans . the axles will be changed just not to sure which way I want to go yet . With the mack axle turning out to be a success I'm leaning that way ,depends on the maching time . a 4th axis on the mill would be great but I don't have 1 yet so I got to figure how in 3 axis , no big deal just more setup time