RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2013, 01:48 PM

Trucker47 is on a distinguished road
Default Possible Solution For Tracked Equiptment

Hey Everyone,

I haven't been to busy on the forums as I am working full time and just finished doing some night classes for school. So my free time has been limited, and still is as I am building a new engine for my car.

Anyways I have noticed quite often that lots of the builders on here; including myself, are always challenged when it comes to making tracked equipment, due to how many track links are required.

And unless you have a CNC mill and lots of free time it is a real hassle to make them all.

Well I may have a solution for us all!

Through the company I work at I have been able to get a connection with A machining company with very reasonable rates, especially so for high quantity runs.

They do most of the machine work for all the custom CNC parts I design for work for the cars that come in.

I was thinking that if there was a great enough need I could; along with some help from you guys, draw up some of the most useful and required track pad designs for all the builds and sell them at a very reasonable price. Although I can only receive a quote from the company once I send them a drawing and required quantity.

So if you guys are interested in this let me know so we can get the ball rolling. I was thinking that there may be 5 different tracks you guys would need and I could have them made by the hundreds.

Unfortunately I don't know off the top of my head how much one pad will cost but once I have one drawing done I will be able to get a quote relatively quick as the company I work with is very quick.

Here is an example of one of the parts I drew in Solidworks and had made for the new Volkswagen's just to show the quality of parts they make:

CAD rendering:

Underside:

Top Side:

Thanks! And let know if you would be intrested!

Chris